AT&T told me there could be a delay in delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dadoftwogirls, Oct 7, 2011.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

When I went to my local AT&T store this morning to upgrade, everything went smoothly until the end. After everything was done I asked about delivery and shipping on the 14th. My rep said that it could be 14-21 days?!?! I said 14 to 21 days, it says they arrive on the 14th. He told me that at their meeting this morning that is what they were told to tell people to expect. I asked if the store would have them on the 14th and he said yes, that he could cancel my order if I wanted and I could come back and wait in line if I was worried about getting one right away. I told him to keep my order in place. Has anyone else heard this from AT&T?

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

The email I got says 14-21 days. They also told me that I cannot cancel my order because my credit card has a hold on it.

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

First come, first serve bro. There are many people ahead of you in line.

4. jicka macrumors member

AT&T store manager moved my 11/25 upgrade up yesterday and said to come back today and preorder. When I went in to preorder they said it would be 14-21 days for sure and to come on launch day if I wanted it earlier. I decided to pay my 90 dollar etf and go to Verizon. Between all the wrong info I get from AT&T and them dropping there 10 dollar text plan right before iMessage Im just fed up with them. Good luck with AT&T everyone!

5. fujigonewild006, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

fujigonewild006 macrumors newbie

I just chatted online with premier support, and they said that since I ordered it this morning (6:30am central) it will arrive on the 14th. I also show 7-21 day shipping on my order status, but the rep said this doesn't matter.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

There could be a delay. There might not be.

I work in customer service, and when there is big things like this going down I never ever make promises based on a 3rd party service. ATT can not personally garante what FedEx or UPS will do. At least that's how I look at it, having been put in this spot before. The last thing anyone at ATT wants on launch day is a customer complaining to them about what UPS didn't do.

7. rkahl macrumors 65816

Why is this such a surprise? Apple makes the phone not AT&T

8. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

I hope that the info they gave you is correct. Keeping my fingers crossed.

----------

Actually bro, there's not. My store opened at 6 a.m. EST and I was second in line. If you're telling me the difference between me ordering in person at 6 a.m. vs. online at 3 a.m. translates into a 14-21 day delay I'm not buying that logic.

9. Bag302 macrumors regular

Att rep told me that my phone will ship on the 14th by USPS:confused: ans i should receive it no later than monday.

Do they really ship via the post office?

I have a theory that people not under contract will get their phones 1st, to keep them from switching carriers..

Those under contract will be thrown to the back of the line because they are less likely to switch providers.

Just a theory...

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I doubt this.

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Horrible theory.

12. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

The email I got says first come first serve. Also the rep on the phone said that any orders after 4pm EST the shipping will be delayed.

13. NoHo macrumors 6502

lol, you paid an ETF fee because AT&T accommodated you and allowed you to push up your upgrade in order to get the new iPhone, but because you preordered late, and it wouldn't arrive for 2 weeks instead of 1, you canceled your whole account (and paid a hefty early termination fee) to go to another carrier, which will still take 2 weeks to get a new iPhone from?

Sorry, dude, but you're an idiot. haha.

14. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

lol!!!

15. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

Everyone I know who has one coming on the 14th waited up. Trust me.

16. Purplepear macrumors newbie

I think the difference is ordering from AT&T vs Apple. I didn't preorder until around 2 pm on apple's website and was still guaranteed a 10/14 delivery. I previously went into the AT&T store and they told me the whole 14-21 day spill.

17. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

No, actually I did mine as soon as I woke up for work on Friday(6:30 am). No issues and order status says delivery on 14th.

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Same here, woke up at 3 and just went right back to bed after getting impatient with the crash. Before I left for class at 6, I preordered it and it went very smoothly.

19. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

mine is coming on the 14th i waited up and go no results after around 430 am i gave up and tried again that morning and everything went smoothly

20. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Wait till he goes to Verizon and gets put to the back of the line like everybody that ordered late OR his iPhone is delayed because of production numbers - by three + weeks.