AT&T Unlimited Reversion Success Rate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blevins321, Mar 1, 2011.

1. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hi all,

Sorry to start another thread about this, but I can't seem to find an answer to my specific question in the other ones. I have an iPhone 3GS on an AT&T family plan with 3 other friends. We all have the 2GB data plan. I used to have unlimited on my line before they joined the contract.

Here's the trick - I have a corporate FAN# from my employer. So when I call support, I talk to Enterprise support. Has anyone had luck switching back to unlimited while talking to Enterprise support? I've seen many people that have done it with regular support, but no results for enterprise besides my one failed attempt the day the story was published.

Went over data last month and had to pay the extra $10. Plus my employer just blocked Pandora, so I'm hoping to be able to do that over phone, as well.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Go into an actual AT&T store and try it there.... or do the 2G iPhone trick.

3. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I've had better luck with the 2G method than talking to "support."

4. at&t iphone macrumors newbie

This is how I got unlimited data back on one of my lines. It wasn't Enterprise support but it was not 611 or their regular cs line. Originally it was through 611 but it was on a holiday so the call went to their outsourced center who won't let you talk to a manager and won't go any further after telling you no. I requested someone in the US and I did get them but it was not their regular cs center. I have the number and what their center was called somewhere, if I find it I'll post it here.

I told them if they liked having me as a customer they would give me unlimited back. They told me they did not handle anything to do with what I wanted but would talk to their manager. After being on hold for a couple minutes they came back and said their manager was authorizing the switch back to unlimited and it would take effect immediately. They were very friendly and didn't question me once.

I suggest finding any at&t wireless number that isn't listed on the bill or 611. If you can't find one, call in the middle of the night (after cs business hours) or holiday so that you get their outsourced center then request someone from the US. That's probably your best bet to get who I got.