AT&T vs Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by millerb7, Jun 9, 2010.

1. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Which you going to?

I think me personally, I'm going to go into my AT&T store on the 15th and preorder mine, and then go pick it up in store on the 24th (possibly 25th if there is that normal day delay on preorders <shrugs>).

How about you? Pre-order/no pre-order.... AT&T/Apple Store?

2. EB66 macrumors 6502

I'd like to know what people think on this subject too. I am definitely going to pre-order but I don't know where I'm going because Apple and AT&T are the same distance from my house.

3. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

I would like to pre-order and pick up in the store, but if it stays like it is now and you can't pick up until the 25th, I will have it delivered to work. There is no apple store in my town (closest is 2 hours in state capital):(:apple:

4. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's what I thought... no pickup until the 25th from AT&T.... what about from apple store?

Also if you choose delivery will it be delivered to you on the 24th or 25th?

Why do they not just say "shipment day" is the 24th :eek:

5. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

You can pick up from apple i think on the 24th and if you preorder by the cut off date it will be delivered on the 24th

6. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Think there will really be "long" lines... I remember buying my 3G from apple store and waiting in line for ~2 hours.... will it be the same again?

Basically this is what I want... SOMEBODY help me out...

I want to pre-order the damn thing to be guaranteed it... AND be able to get it on the 24th.... if I have to wait in line or not.

I'm not off work until 5pm anyways so I wouldn't get to the apple store until 5:30-6pm... so I'm assuming most the lines will be over... BUT i don't want to have to worry about them being sold out.

My issue is due to I am selling my 3G for $200 next week so I'll be phoneless so I want one ASAP lol

7. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's the cut-off date? Any announcment yet?

I mean if I can have it delivered to my home ON THE 24TH then god damnit, that's what I'm doing... no lines = TEHWIN

8. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Apple usually attract the longest lines because, well, they're apple. And also, they do have more stock, so a longer line doesn't mean less iPhones to go around.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

im guna pre order on the 15th to be shipped to my house so idc about the cutoff date

10. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I mean if I can truely preorder it and have it delivered on the 24th I'll be in heaven!

Any verification on this?

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

it was like that last year but the thing is where ever u go there will be some sort of problem. lines if ur at a store and maybe a little obstacles activating it. if ur at home and it does get to u before 10:00 then u will be fine but once that day starts and all the phones are being activated at the same time (since they use the same system) if ur at home or as i said in a store the activation will be a bit buggy

12. ValenR macrumors member

Since I'll get the unsubsidized iPhone, AT&T is not an option for me.

If any of the other stores (Best Buy/RadioShack) don't give me problems with any sort of contract, then maybe those. If not then Apple Store.
    But since the stock at Best Buy and RadioShack seems to be very limited, I might end up at the Apple Store. Though I'll wait like 2-3 weeks after launch though lol, no nerve for the line ups <_<

13. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

If you pre-order online for delivery does it charge your card then or when it ships?

14. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I'm seriously leaning towards the Radioshack option and trading in my 3GS for 200....that's about what I got for selling my 3G last year....the BEST option for selling an iPhone is to sell it to an AT&T dumb phone user, some freind or family member who wants one but hasn't gotten on board yet

15. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

I'm going to pre-order because the AT&T store is acting stupid. I just called them and they told me that they won't sell me an iphone at full price since i don't get an upgrade till next year. :rolleyes:

So if i pre-order i will not have to deal with their foolishness

16. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

just an fyi best buy gave me $322 for my 3GS through their trade in program

17. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Best Buy has an iPhone trade in program as well? I did not know...where can I get some literature on the subject?

18. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

www.bestbuy.com/tradein

19. Tyre macrumors regular

Definitely pre-ordering from Apple, but not sure if I will do home delivery or store pick-up. The advantage of home delivery is it could get here a day early like the UK iPads.

20. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electro...In/pcmcat133600050011.c?id=pcmcat133600050011

To trade in in-store you would have had to buy your phone from best buy but you can do a mail in and get a best buy credit or cash (which is lower than the credit of course if you did not purchase at best buy. It does say some best buy stores will allow you to trade in if you bought the phone at best buy without a receipt.

21. Tyre macrumors regular

I like how the trade in estimator has a picture of an iPhone for the iPod category.

22. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I've read through the Best Buy trade in program requirements and it says you must have purcahsed the device at a Best Buy AND you need a receipt....Radioshack is taking iPhones from anywhere...it's too bad Apple dosen't do this

23. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Is an Apple store preorder still an option if you have the FAN discount w/AT&T?

24. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I see now that you can trade it in online if you purchased it somewhere else or have no receipt...this is not such a good option because when I hand over my 3GS I need to recieve an activated device in it's place same day...

25. Built macrumors 68020

...only if you want to do the trade-in IN-STORE.

I traded-in an iPod nano...pristine condition...late last year. I had purchase it at Best Buy and they were able to look up the receipt. They did the trade-in right there.'

If I had purchased it elswhere, I would have had to send it in.