Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
comparing ATT and Tmobile DATA LTE 4G , which carrier has more speed when use ???

ATT OR TMOBILE ???

ATT-4G-LTE.jpg

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
before i am using tmobile for while
after choosing att i stick with it since iphone 3g

happy the way they serve

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The real question is, at a given longitude and latitude which one has a signal to measure the speed.
True. At home, T-Mobile's LTE is faster than AT&T likely because they have less users. At work, T-Mobile has no LTE signal to speak of. :rolleyes:

yeah

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
T-Mobile will smoke the competition with their upcoming (and massive) LTE network upgrade on top of their 2G and their 2x20 markets coming alive (more 2x10 markets, too). :eek::D

BearsFan4Life88

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2014
T-Mobile will smoke the competition with their upcoming (and massive) LTE network upgrade on top of their 2G and their 2x20 markets coming alive (more 2x10 markets, too). :eek::D

Do you know if Chicago or its suburbs will get 2x20 LTE?

easy-peasy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2014
comparing ATT and Tmobile DATA LTE 4G , which carrier has more speed when use???

Once you get above a certain speed threshold (10 mbps) it doesn't really matter who has the 'fastest'.

Who cares if ATT has 40 mbps data speeds compared to Tmobiles 41mbps? It's not like you will tell the difference between that and 10 mbps on a mobile phone.

What's more important in today's equation is coverage and building penetration.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Once you get above a certain speed threshold (10 mbps) it doesn't really matter who has the 'fastest'.

Who cares if ATT has 40 mbps data speeds compared to Tmobiles 41mbps? It's not like you will tell the difference between that and 10 mbps on a mobile phone.

What's more important in today's equation is coverage and building penetration.
Actually, at my work, AT&T LTE is down to 5-10Mbps for me depending on the time of day. There are even times when T-Mobile HSPA+ is faster.

easy-peasy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2014
Actually, at my work, AT&T LTE is down to 5-10Mbps for me depending on the time of day. There are even times when T-Mobile HSPA+ is faster.

As I said though, even at say 5 - 10 mbps, who cares?

It's not like having 20 mbps or even 40 mbps will make any difference to a smartphone user. The most data intensive thing the majority of customers could do is stream Netflix and you can do that just fine at 5 - 10 mbps.

The only reason carriers brag about X speeds is because they want to impress customers with big numbers that don't really make a difference in real world usage.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
As I said though, even at say 5 - 10 mbps, who cares?

It's not like having 20 mbps or even 40 mbps will make any difference to a smartphone user. The most data intensive thing the majority of customers could do is stream Netflix and you can do that just fine at 5 - 10 mbps.

The only reason carriers brag about X speeds is because they want to impress customers with big numbers that don't really make a difference in real world usage.
Not if you use it to tether and need the speed to download a bunch of large blueprints, etc. You're right though, for the most part, the LTE speed beyond 10Mbps is mostly just bragging rights.

icloud87

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
i will say , ATT better speed than Tmobile for iphone but ATT less speed than Comcast for internet provider :)

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
i will say , ATT better speed than Tmobile for iphone but ATT less speed than Comcast for internet provider :)

Well of course. Comcast is coming through as a hardline cable. AT&T is being broadcasted to hundreds (sometimes thousands or more depending on the area) of people who are all using it, so it would be slower.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Blazing fast speeds on both ends. Location, location, location. IME AT&T has better coverage of LTE, especially for those that travel any amount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.