Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AT&T or Verzion?

• Total voters

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Not sure about the west coast, but I know that AT&T literally owns the entire east coast of Florida. They own BOTH CLR licenses there, so they are the only carrier that can provide the quality of CLR service. Of course when Verizon does VoLTE on the Upper C....

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
i am surprised about the poll results verizon is generally much more popular than at&t. when i got at&t verizon was not available in my area. i have had both at&t and verizon up north.

what is the story with verizon in florida? it seems from this thread maybe at&t is better in florida

Mac429

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
I moved down to miami/ft lauderdale with AT&T and will never go back to them. Constant call drops and yes you may have a signal but you probably won't be able to use it much. Verizon coverage inside buildings is not great but at least I know that when I have a signal it's going to work. No way I'm going back to AT&T. You also have to consider if you're going to be in a high tourist area because they all bog down the AT&T network. I'm on the beach and sometimes I would drop a call 2 or 3 times in the span of a few minutes.

I've been nothing but happy with Verizon.

bob616

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
AT&T is excellent in Coral Gables, South Florida.
I haven't had below 4 bars on my 3GS I can only assume that the 4 and 4S get better signal than the 3GS.

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
I moved down to miami/ft lauderdale with AT&T and will never go back to them. Constant call drops and yes you may have a signal but you probably won't be able to use it much. Verizon coverage inside buildings is not great but at least I know that when I have a signal it's going to work. No way I'm going back to AT&T. You also have to consider if you're going to be in a high tourist area because they all bog down the AT&T network. I'm on the beach and sometimes I would drop a call 2 or 3 times in the span of a few minutes.

I've been nothing but happy with Verizon.

Why is the AT&T network bogged down? What is the market share in Florida for the carriers?

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
do you have service inside buildings, i dont.

Yep, I do. Much better service than my friends on Verizon.

But I've always been pretty lucky. I travel a bit and have never really had issues. Even had great service in Alaska!

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
still have reception issues with at&t iphone. was in sandwich shop 20 feet from door no service. in target no service. is verizon any better west coast florida?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.