AT&T: Where do I send a complaint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Does anyone have a link to where I can make a formal complaint to AT&T about the lack of MMS support?

2. redrox5 macrumors member

3. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Dont bother, its not gonna do anything. Its coming sometime during the summer. Just wait and dont whine.

4. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Will you guys get over it already.
    AT&T and Apple both told you WHEN you will get MMS.
    Crying and whining about it ain't going to make it come any faster.
    You went two years without it on the iPhone... what's another two months. :rolleyes:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well a mac forum is a great place to start. :rolleyes:

Were you not informed beforehand of the lack of MMS?

6. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

In addition to the fact that jessica brought up, you bought the iphone knowing very well MMS was not yet ready.

7. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

8. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I got the 3G on day one. I knew it would not do MMS. I did not think I would miss it (coming from sprint with a cheap LG that could do MMS)

After a year of seeing a randomly generated login and password to viewmymessage.com I start to miss it.

We come to the 3.0 sneak preview event. Look who's coming to the party? MMS!!!

We get to WWDC and BAM everyone gets MMS but AT&T.

I know sending a complaint is not going to get it done any faster, but it does make my voice heard. Even if it sits in an email box and never gets read I still made the effort to let AT&T know that I am disappointed in their ability to keep up with apple on the phone that is keeping them afloat.

There is nothing wrong with paying customers letting them know that they are unhappy about the service they are paying for. For 2 years the lack of MMS was the fault of Apple. Apple listened to their customers and included MMS in this latest update. I just don't understand how AT&T could be so late on this feature considering they have been doing MMS on other handsets for years and years. And judging by all the posts on MMS hacks and such it looks as if MMS is just a trigger pull away.

I made this post to see if there just might be any other customers out there like me who would like to send the message (pun?)

9. gzillaration macrumors member

actually whinning does get ppl what they want..

remember all the upgradeable ppl priced at 499 and 599 that whinned 24/7?? well i hope they havent worn out their whinning ability and keep calling ATT til they give us what we want.

there is no reason this shouldnt be active.

10. calvy macrumors 65816

I work for AT&T and would like to inform you that you can file your complaint in the circular file cabinet underneath my desk.

Seriously though, good luck. I can tell you that we monitor twitter and with all the bitching going on there about MMS and tethering, AT&T has already heard your complaints. They just don't give a ****.

11. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

MMS is not just a "trigger pull away".
    Because of Apple, or more importantly Steve Job's hate for MMS, AT&T had to configure iPhone accounts to specifically not be able to use MMS.
    Now AT&T has to go back and convert all 3G and 3G S accounts to enable it while still maintaining the block on 1st gen iPhones.
    This is no small task.

And as for the comment about the iPhone keeping AT&T afloat... that's laughable at best.
    It's profitable, but hardly their bread and butter.
    According to their 2008 annual report (2009 number not available yet), AT&T wireless division as a whole only accounted for $44 million (39%) of the $124 million in earned revenue (after operating expenses) for 2008.
    Anyone who thinks AT&T is making money off the iPhone is dead wrong.
    To quote from their 2008 annual report:
    They are still loosing money on handset sales.
    They don't break down revenue/costs by handset, so you will not get iPhone specific numbers out of the data.

12. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Don't contradict yourself. It just makes you sound talky out of assy. (underlined portions)

If you know so much about it, I have a question to ask.

If there are people out there who can do carrier setting hacks for MMS, and all the developers who had MMS during the betas, then why is it the rest of us have to wait?

"29 carriers will support MMS when we launch... AT&T will be ready at the end of the Summer." -Phil Schiller

What do these 29 companies have that AT&T does not?

and I do have to thank you for hijacking my thread to go on with your AT&T apologist trolling

13. Slim02 macrumors 6502

That was my point until they deleted my posts (go one).. Every one else can do it but At&t could not.. It comes down to laziness on At&t part.. I love my 3G iPhone but is lame that they can not do some thing so easy as MMS..

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've been running MMS on my 3G since last week; no complaints at this time.....:p:p:p

15. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

16. keenan wolf macrumors 6502

keenan wolf

17. Slim02 macrumors 6502

You think you are funny now? Because you are not. You do not like people complaining then do not post in threads you do not like or better yet do not be online at all..

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

19. nightmoves13 macrumors newbie

Wow, you have a pretty sad life!
    :D

20. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

21. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Call them. I don't think there is a place to email them a complaint. I doubt it will do any good though. AT&T has already let it be known that it takes them a long time to do things. When they are ready they will make the announcement and something will likely not work.

22. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

AT&T has not finished inventing mms yet plz stand by? I've gotten so used to just using gmail to send pics I'm not even sure I will use mms.

23. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

WoW these interwebz petitions work!!1!!1eleven! AT&T told me that we will get MMS next month and some markets already have it :p