AT&T's Reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Collin789, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

Lots of people are always saying that they don't get good AT&T reception in their area. I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T, and in my house I usually get 1 or 2 bars of 3G. As soon as I go outside I can get 3 or 4 bars easy. I live in Greensboro, NC and get great coverage all around town.
    I was wondering something... Are most of you not getting good service in your ENTIRE area or is it just at your house? Because usually most people don't get good service in there house just like me. But, as soon as you go outside, you get better service. Basically, I just wanted to know if everyone was saying they dislike AT&T's service because they don't get good coverage in their house...
    By the way, I've seen AT&T's 3G coverage. I know it sucks. No need to ask me... ;)

2. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

With Verizon you get full bars almost everywhere, you always have 3G coverage. I nearly **** my pants the first time I realized this. It really is mind blowing if you have had a att iphone since 07 like I had.

PS. I now have a verizon ip4

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

People don't normally come to the forum to announce their great service. They come to complain. I get perfect service at home, work and basically everywhere I normally go. AT&T is terrific in my area (Northern Westchester NY). Verizon is very poor here. It all depends on location. :cool:

4. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

I've always had excellent coverage from AT&T. Lived in CT and moved to MN recently... still great coverage.

5. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Location, location, location.

I usually have 4-5 bars in DC; 3 right now, but it's storming.

6. Mahshall macrumors member

1 to 2 bars of 3G? Lucky.

In my house I get 1 bar without data if I'm lucky. I call AT&T and they say it's not their problem and they won't provide me any further help.

7. dickdaney macrumors regular

In the city I live in AT&T is great. 5 bars everywhere and 2.5+ mbs down on a 3GS. However, AT&T is complete **** in the places I ride my motorcycle. I usually have no service at all. theres always a guy with a Verizon or Sprint phone whomp is the designated emergency caller.

8. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I've had ATT since like 05. I've had great signal for most of that time. I first came to ATT solely due to them being the largest GSM network in the US. I've stuck with them because their coverage continues to improve and any time i've needed customer service, it's been great.

I simply can NOT complain about ATT (formerly known as Cingular, in my case).

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

5 bars inside my home, 5 bars outside, and 4-5 in the rest of my area. No complaints.

10. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

11. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I have a great phone reception with AT&T, but spotty on 3G when traveling. It's not bad, but sometimes I do switch to my Verizon hotspot for data. When I do have a good AT&T 3G signal, it's pretty fast.

12. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

there was a day where i think something went wrong, and i was stuck on edge all day, but other wise i get 5 bars of 3g all the time, unless i'm in the library basement.

13. DiLui007 macrumors newbie

DiLui007

Ive had AT&T since my iPhone 3G. Yes at times I dropped calls and connection sometime sucked where I was (LA). I now live in NY and recently got the iPhone 4 (At&t) and I have to admit, not once have I had a problem with connection. I'm in my home with 3 or 4 bars the most. Haven't dropped a call or have any problems whatsoever.

14. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Where I live I get 3 to 4 bars inside the house and 5 outside with ATT. Verizon service here used to be very poor.

It all depends on location, there is no bettter overall coverage.

15. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry but it is all about where you are as AT&T covers me with full bars 90% of the time. Never loose a call. Both carriers are good but neither is perfect for everyone.

16. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

i have great coverage with at&t in monmouth county new jersey 4-5 bars almost everywhere i go never lose service except one road where cell service is dead for some reason.
    VZW is the same 3-5 bars everywhere i go

except my office which i can only get 1 or 2 bars. but no one gets good coverage in my office even coworkers with vzw and tmobile

i will say one thing i have both vzw and at&T (vzw from work, at&t personal)
    the devices i used on vzw(incredible,droid x,fascinate, bold9650) seemed to have better voice quality in terms of clarity. Now i do not know if this is the devices or the network as i have yet to try a verizon iphone and have not owned any other devices on at&t except a bold 9000.
    So while i have not really had any dropped calls the quality of the calls is where i noticed the difference but the coverage has been the same for me.