Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SAPPete

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2010
I have 2 lines too.

So I tried the first one reserved to pick up at the store. When I tried the second line, I found out that each Apple ID could only hold one phone. So I decided to ship the second phone to me, that worked (check out with guest account). Then, I did the first phone again to ship to me and canceled the reservation at the Apple store.

Now I have 2 phones shipped to me at 24th.

Well, the apple store kept giving me errors when doing those 2 lines (all happened when checking with ATT's database), I had to try over and over again to get them through.

Talked to a Apple guy this morning and ordered over the phone. He told because of the way AT$T wants to handle the ordering, there can be only one iPhone per order, so he put two orders in, for one iPhone each. Same Apple account, same credit card.
(Existing Family plan with two lines, both iPhones)

luckinabox

macrumors member
May 26, 2010
BTW unfortunately the pre-order problems were only the beginning. Just wait until everyone is trying to activate the iphone on itunes and we have the same problems :rolleyes:

gadgetgirlnyc

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
Can't hook up my phone.

I was at my friend's Radio Shack store for over an hour. My phone is there and ready to be hooked up. Problem is AT&T!!! Their server is down so every time they try to log on it kicks them out!!! Seriously they should have been prepared for something like this!! All this technology and AT&T can't get it right!!!!

Orlandu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
I was at my friend's Radio Shack store for over an hour. My phone is there and ready to be hooked up. Problem is AT&T!!! Their server is down so every time they try to log on it kicks them out!!! Seriously they should have been prepared for something like this!! All this technology and AT&T can't get it right!!!!

ThreadNecro.gif

emaja

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2005
Chicago, IL
What's funniest about this to me is that not only is it not about the iPhone 5, but it's not about iPhone 4S either. Resurrected a two-year-old thread on the phone that's two generations old.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
gotta love the thread bump.

i was laughing my @$$ off when AT&T was having the activation issues with the iPhone 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.