Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
How long has the time been in the past between the initial launch and the availability of the system unlocked phones?

One month, I have decided to just go to Sprint for this time around, since I got credit approved, and that they have a promising LTE network that is going to be built out soon.

One month later, I will buy the factory unlocked for my T-Mobile line.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Anybody else hate that we already know everything about Apple launches before they even happen?

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
The sad part is we kind of know what to expect. I really hope Apple pulls something off that we aren't expecting.

yeah, they will. They will pull it off by saying, " you been fooled for believing the rumors of new iphone...this is what iphone will look like."

Think back iphone 4s.

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Reading up on AT&T recently, why would anyone buy their iPhone from them?

You can buy one from the Apple store and have a nice friendly chat, or from an AT&T store with their apparently pushy store employees.

You must be getting us confused with Verizon employees! Either way, I don't plan on being an AT&T employee after the 21st if everything works out...

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
Damn! I want to get off my Family SharePlan with my grandparents, and go to StraightTalk, or AT&T, but my contract doesn't end until October! Damn, damn, damn! I can't have it on day one! :mad:

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
I wonder if there will be anything new that we haven't seen, or any surprises at all ? I would think Apple would leave something new for the last minute ...

It's funny how the readers on this forum forget that they are not a representative sample of the regular public.

The average Joe may have heard that the next iPhone might be bigger and maybe they are thinking about a smaller iPad. But that is it.

For 99% of the world, everything announced at the next media event (whenever that might be) will be new and largely unexpected.

And finally a reminder that even we don't have anything to go on except RUMORS

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
It's funny how the readers on this forum forget that they are not a representative sample of the regular public.

The average Joe may have heard that the next iPhone might be bigger and maybe they are thinking about a smaller iPad. But that is it.

For 99% of the world, everything announced at the next media event (whenever that might be) will be new and largely unexpected.

Heh. I read this and thought "This guy is throwing so much common sense out there.. Surely he'll be stoned in the town square for speaking so logically" XD

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA

Normally you'd be right. However this year the rumors we've read here, have also been featured in Forbes, the Wall St Journal, and many other mainstream publications. It's been a milestone year for massive highly detailed leaks.

Yes, this is a RUMORS site, yet there's been far too many ways to validate what we've been seeing. I'd like nothing better than to witness Apple reveal a totally different iPhone than what we've been seeing, but chances are very slim to non-existent. In the very rare event they do it will shock the entire industry.

Apples good, but not that good :)

----------

Can't wait to get my hands on the 6th generation iPhone! :)
Upgrading from the 4S.
I'd love to be excited, but this year will most likely be a snooze fest.

A muted dog & pony show featuring a slightly lengthened version of an existing design. Lacking an increase in width fails to offer a better input experience.

Oh well, there's opportunities in the next few years ahead. Apple will have lots of time without the worry of competition.

Samsung won't compete, one massive payment to Apple, has been enough for them. They've got ships to build :)

mateo124

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Apple is releasing a new iPhone on the 21st of September?? Holy crap no way!.. Well you guys should stop pointing out the obvious and get back to providing more information on the Samsung lawsuit

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
so.... can anyone answer my question..

i have grandfathered unlimited plan through att. will i be able to keep it if i get a new 2 yr for the new iphone. if not will i keep it if i buy the new LTE iphone retail, no contract and stay on my current contract?

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012

This. Every single one of my "non nerdy" friends that don't keep up with tech rumours know absolutely nothing about the next iPhone. I could tell them that the next iPhone will be the size of the Galaxy Note and they would believe me. I could tell them it'd even fix dinner for you and they'd believe me (ok maybe not that gullible but you get the point).

linkgx1

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2011
Okay, so let's assume I sell my 4s.....for $400. How much with an unlocked iPhone 2012 gen be? Will it be cheaper to do an early upgrade on one line?

EckoPin

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
When I bought the Iphone 4 and iPhone 4s apple.com would not even load and when it did, the purchase would fail midway. I bought both through att.com and got the phone without the hassle of struggling with apple.com or waiting to go in store and get it.

I always got to bestbuy since they are non commission and have a protection plan that is no deductible and unlimited claims. Easy as pie.

----------

Okay, so let's assume I sell my 4s.....for $400. How much with an unlocked iPhone 2012 gen be? Will it be cheaper to do an early upgrade on one line?

Probably cause early upg gives u a little discount no?

----------

so.... can anyone answer my question..

i have grandfathered unlimited plan through att. will i be able to keep it if i get a new 2 yr for the new iphone. if not will i keep it if i buy the new LTE iphone retail, no contract and stay on my current contract?

U keep ur unlimited data but FaceTime on 3G won't work. That's what I was told

florian1

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
So just that I get this right ... I will be able to hold the new iPhone in my hands on the 21st? Or will it be available for order on this date and then shipped a week later?

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
I always got to bestbuy since they are non commission and have a protection plan that is no deductible and unlimited claims. Easy as pie.

But people would see me. I want to be in my underwear alone at home waiting for my mail lady and iPhone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.