At Work, And After; Going To Buy a MBP 2k (Bad Idea?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmbrown09, Mar 2, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

So here I am sitting at my desk at work. We use macs here, for everything. I personally am behind a 2.8 15".
    Great notebook.

I really want one personally at my house, because after using this for 6 months I love macs now. But the update is so close....or maybe it isn't.

Im planning on running out to Best Buy in about 2 hours, and buying one. (another 2.8 15")
    I have 14 days incase Apple releases the Arrandale's right away, but is this still a bad idea??? :confused:

If they do really come out in June at WWDC, I won't be upset, but if they come out late March or April, I will be.

What do you guys think..

2. delux246 macrumors member

Bad idea. If they don't update mbp by the beggining of April I don't think it'll happen until June so I would wait until April 6th the latest... or should I say I am waiting until April 6th latest...

3. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

You tell us............ Either you will or not... Nothing we say will help... What do you want and that is what I say!

4. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Hmm but April seems a little close to MaxiPad.
    Mid March to late would be the closest they would come i think. Unless they really don't think the two will interfere.

5. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Just trying to get the consensus from the community on when they think these things will be out

6. sharkzfanz macrumors regular

If all you do it surf web, pictures minor, office ect then get now no need waiting and waiting and waiting hehe

7. delux246 macrumors member

If they didn't want the iPad to interfere, Apple should have released the mbp already. Whatever happens, some version of the iPad will most likely be around when the new mbps come out unless the mbp comes out in the next 2 weeks or there is a really set back with the iPad release.

8. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

But that is the problem, I do video editing with After Effects, Final Cut, Gaming, and a little 3ds Max.

9. SteveMobs macrumors 6502

SteveMobs

You said want, and want ≠ need, so I would wait. June is not that far away, I would just wait if I were you.

10. gfiz macrumors 6502

gfiz

every time a C2D mbp is bought, baby jesus cries.

11. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Argh! June is in 3 months!!
    I guess i don't NEED anything till September, but I mean there comes a point where something is just wanted bad enough. I realllly hope they come out with the update mid March.

Don't have much hope for April.

12. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I really think you should wait, they will come in due time.

I am waiting too and am very impatient at the moment... but I will hold out because I dont want to feel like a fool.

13. 6-0 Prolene macrumors 6502

I effing hate you. All of you. Not really. :)

At what's probably the very last minute before my MBP went into assembly over in China, I cancelled the damn order. It pretty much stemmed from learning that my CTO machine couldn't be returned, at which point I started considering my options. If the Mar 16th release actually happens, I'd still have time before my must-have-a-100%-functioning-computer date to get the new one.

I swear, it's a disease. Luckily my 3,1 is hanging in there with no major issues so I'm not in an immediate hurry.

It felt so damn good to order it and be done with it but NNNOOOOOOO!!! I had to go overthinking.

Bah.

14. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I'm ordering mine on the 17th I figure it takes about a week before I receive it so on the 23rd/24th.

I'd have 14 days from then to get then new one if they get release. . .Which gives me the 6th/7th of April to return.

I won't be mad though, I plan on giving this one to my mom anyway once the new one is released. I really need to start on my production and can't wait any longer. :(

15. phrint macrumors 6502

If you need one now then buy. I did and I bought a 2.8 today at a great price. If you are going to buy, don't go to Best Buy. Don't pay retail pricing for a C2D. There are tons of deals to be had on eBay and you do not pay tax or shipping (usually). If you can wait then wait.

I won't throw stones at you no matter what you decide to do.

16. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

It is a great laptop. But dont pay full price. Get it from the Apple refurb store or get it NIB on craigslist.

17. flat five macrumors 601

flat five

18. iwant2knowstuff macrumors newbie

I was in the same boat as you and finally said **** it and bought the current gen. I have 30 days to return it. If within the time refresh is announced and the 13 inch don't only come with the POS integrated Intel... I will return this puppy and get the new one. Otherwise i will keep this until the June release and sell it then.

19. pmcb macrumors member

get it now, then ebay it when the new ones come out. you might lost out on some money, but you'll have a nice mac, then a nicer mac.

20. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Wait wait wait, 30 days, where is that from. I think its 14???

30 days is a whole other story then. That way I'm covered all the way until April 2nd instead of March 16th

21. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

At this point, I'd just wait. I was Just at the ATT store and I cringed when I saw a customer purchase an iPhone 3G and she was visibly excited. The new one will probably be out around June.

Anyway, if you play the waiting game you'll be rewarded. Either you can get a new one that should have much more exciting specs than the current line up, or if you are a casual user you'll be able to get the current version on the cheap. Since you already said you don't need one right now, why bother? Take your work laptop home. that's what I did.

22. iwant2knowstuff macrumors newbie

Amazon.com .... NO tax, Free shipping and 30 day "no question asked" return policy.

LINK