Carrier ATT 3 month data plan option?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by weeman, Nov 26, 2013.

1. weeman macrumors 6502

I read a while back that ATT was going to offer a 1gb over 3 month data plan option...can anyone confirm if this is available? Wanted to confirm this before I jump the gun and get one. Tried searching their webpage but no information on it and google just resulted in many pages with news that ATT "plans on doing this"

2. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Yes it exists...

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I have it and it will be perfect for me. It also does NOT auto renew which I actually prefer to their other plans. My LTE speeds are wicked fast too. :)

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yep, it exists. I'm using it with my Verizon iPad3. If you use under 800MB/mo it beats the Verizon $20/1GB/30day plan.

Remember - you don't have to have an AT&T ipad to use an AT&T plan. IMHO a Verizon (or Sprint) ipad provides the greatest choice since they work fine with AT&T and T-Mobile SIMs.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

When you called AT&T, what did they say?

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

LOL. I'd typically be with you on the OP seeking info directly from AT&T, but when it comes to tablet prepaid data plans I'll give folks a pass.

Too many people getting flat out wrong information from the carriers; not sure if it's ignorance or lies in an effort to sign people up for postpaid, but sending anyone to the carriers uninformed is like sending lambs to the slaughter.

7. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Where is this plan listed? So it's 1gb but last for 1 months use?

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Do you have this response as a keyboard macro where you just insert the company name?

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Yep it's CMD+ObviousWayToGetInformation

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Have you called AT&T customer service lately?

11. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

It is listed when you log into your account under settings / cellular data / view account

And it is $25 for 1G to be used during the following 3 months with no automatic renewal

12. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Unfortunately true (for both phone and in-store customer service reps).

That said, last time I had an issue, I've found the "Social Media" reps on AT&T's forums to be quite well informed and if they're not sure of the answer, they actually research the issue to be able to give you an accurate response.

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I have, and they've always helped me.

If I need specific information which isn't on their site, that a company representative is more likely to know than someone on the internet who probably doesn't work for said company, I call that company first.

Because in the end, it doesn't really matter what some random person on the internet says, because you aren't doing business with them.

14. wxman2003 Suspended

This is a good plan. Got my rMini today and signed up for the 1GB plan, and then switched sim and put in the T-Mobile sim and added the free 200 mb a month plan. Combine the 2, and you get a little over 0.5GB a month for right around $8.50 a month.

15. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

16. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Was considering this myself. To the people who activated a non ATT iPad on this plan, were you able to get ATT to give you a chip, without them charging an activation fee? I've heard some people were having problems getting chips from them now too for non att iPads.

17. deeddawg macrumors 604

I was able to get an ATT microSiM for my ipad3 at no cost, just walked into a corporate store and asked.

For my Verizon rMini that I picked up from Apple this week, I nicely asked the Apple employee if he could give me an ATT SIM for it as well. He said sure thing and got me an ATT sSIM also, no charge. So consider that as another option.