Att app is showing dropped prices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legionnaire, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

It's letting me upgrade (free) 5s with 2 year commitment. So I have a white 5s 16, should I get a space or another white. I'm putting my current phone away and using new one since itl have fresh battery.

Will stores clearance 5s life proof cases you think? I need one for new phone. Mmm

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

If your current 5ss has battery issues as you say it does, simply get a replacement battery from Apple for $80 and save your $450 subsidy for a phone worthy of it.

Just my two cents.

3. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

If I don't use my upgrade I lose out, my bill is old contract so it's 80 a month with or without a new phone.

I'd rather have a spare phone anyway since 6/6s size phones don't appeal to me you know? My phones fine honestly but this case is beat up
    Charge it and put it in drawer and enjoy new 5s for two more years unless breaks then use old.

Wonder if they will waive upgrade fees this year, I've had 3 of them dropped so far.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

No offense but that's a terrible idea. You could just sell your 5S for $200 and use that to get a brand new 6S with your subsidy.

5. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't want a 6 or 6s or 6ss
    Two people in my home have a 6 and 6 plus, I truly hate the size of phone. I miss 3s size. So I know I'm not upgrading for at least a year seeing 6s came out today and probably not smaller next year either, might as well utilize free phone.

6. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

I need to visit store. This looks odd. Why does it say 22 a month charge on bottom? Old 2 year contracts don't increase or decrease with subsidy right? >.>

450 min/unlimited text/unlimited data 25% fan discount is 75 a month. Will this make my bill 97 a month?

I choose the 2 year 0 due today, it's just highlighted top one by default.

Odd

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

ATT wins this year for customer service, Jessica on att (my rep) got me a new 32gb 5s ($49) with no activation fee, waived it, picked up at store in 15 minutes of being on the phone. i have had 16gb entire time for 5-6 years. Figure it was time for more memory.

8. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

Enjoy your 5S! BEAST! I just installed 9.1 beta and it is like a new phone.

9. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

I have no issues with my 5s as is, but I have 3gb left lol I am very conservataive.
    NO MORE! Will never have to delete anything again. I only got the 32 because it was only 49 bucks xD

When will ios9 become public for over the air downloads?

10. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

11. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

Next week. I am just very happy to find the 5s performing so well with it.

12. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Slightly bias are we?
    What does the 6s do that my 5s?
    (That I use)?

I check my usaa banking app
    Facebook, pandora, buy a song here and here. Amazon.

I don't play games, I don't need moving wallpaper, I don't care about 80megapizel cameras. Mine takes good enough selfies as is. I have a d7000 dslr camera for real photos that are planned.

Turn a 6 into a 3.5-4 inch phone and I'm game. Til then, I'm going to be having a new 32gb 5s comfortably for 2 years.

13. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

14. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

The larger screen makes a huge difference in terms of usability--browsing web, reading texts, etc--so it's 100% worth paying an extra 100 for a 6 (or 200 for a 6S)

15. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Why do I need a bigger screen? There's nothing I can on phone currently that requires a screen larger
    I don't watch any movies or anything lol. It's mainly a music player and any bigger itl be hard to fit in my motorcycle :/

16. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

like they say. there is a sucker born every day.

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow
    Tell me about it.
    People waste their upgrades and money on a 3 year old device?
    Who needs a bigger screen and all that extra stuff, just get a Moto razr then. It plays music fine and makes calls too:D

18. af21187 macrumors 6502

Ridiculous. If you want to absolutely waste your 2 year contract renewal, at least get something out of it. Buy a 6s, resell it, use some of the money to buy a new battery for your 5s and install it yourself. Pocket lots of $$$ and enjoy paying an increased price on the 2 year commitment for another 2 years.

19. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Don't sweat it guys and gals. He just made AT&T's day!

20. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't understand your people's logics.

My bill isn't changing. Whether I get iPhone 5s or 6s it does not change. I still pay 75 a month.

The phone was 50 bucks, with no activation charge for 32gb. Vs paying 200 for a 16 or 300 for whatever next step up is,

My 5s has been fantastic for 2 years, this new one will go 2 more years and I have two phones now as a back up.

I don't mind my contract for 2 years because I have unlimited data and I know it's stuck with me for at least two more years

Why upgrade to a giant brick that I have no desire and pay for?

Answer these questions instead of being absolute haters. You can't because price doesn't change for my bill.

21. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Most people (myself included) value a phone subsidy pretty highly and feel its a waste to use it getting a 2+ year old backup phone when you already own that current model instead of using, or saving, your subsidy for the latest cutting edge devices that have better features and will be supported longer.

We are just trying to help, but if your dead set on using your $450 subsidy on a spare iPhone 5s when you already have one then by all means do what makes you happy mate :)

22. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

This decision is purely size based, 6 and 6s is uncomfortable in the end of the day. So I know at least one year of not upgrading would of been a waste. If iPhone 7 is smaller and I break two phones il just buy one outright or wait it out. Don't see a point in waiting, upgrade or don't. Just didn't want a new sized phone this time.

I appreciate the criticism. I am excited though for 32gb. I've been rolling 16gb for 5-6 years now. I had 3gb free but now I won't have to be so conservative

23. CEmajr macrumors 601

Exactly. He could've used his upgrade to get a 6S, sell it for near retail (~$600 minimum), then go buy a used 5S for like $250 and come out ahead with around $350 in cash. What a waste. AT&T loves such customers.

24. Legionnaire thread starter macrumors 6502

Spend 199 for phone
    45 upgrade activation, assuming couldn't waive it.

Sell phone 600 that's 350 profit, buy 2 year old 5s for 250 with no warranty, 80 for new battery.

Equals out closely, give or take one hundred.

25. Odat macrumors newbie

Odat

I second and third some of the comments. If you like the 5s, just preorder a 6s 16gb and sell it for around 650 new or even more if there a shortage in the beginning and then get a 5s and enjoy the nice amount of extra cash. I'm sure you can use the cash. Heck the money youll make extra will pay your phone bill for a few months!. Upgrades are valuable and to use it on a 5s seems not so smart.