ATT cancelled My iPhone 4 Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dplxy, Jun 16, 2010.

1. dplxy macrumors regular

2. Petey-ed macrumors 6502

3. dplxy thread starter macrumors regular

this is not good.......
    took me forever to place the order..:(

4. ProMod macrumors 6502a

Exact thing happened to me on both of my accounts. Did you happen to try to place an order earlier that you thought didn't go through? Chances are it did go through and this order was actually a duplicate that they canceled. Check your ATT order status with your phone number instead of the order number and see what it says.

5. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Same exact thing happened on both of mine! I'm so pissed at AT$T and I'm on hope to wear someone out right now. What a joke! :mad:

6. NashMan2 macrumors regular

I also got a cancellation notice this morning, but the order number was higher than the one that shows up on the status update page.
    When I submitted my first order it timed out at the last moment so I wasn't sure it went thru and tried again, it also timed out at the last moment. I'll bet the second order went thru also and was "cleaned up" this morning.
    I'll remain hopeful....

7. dplxy thread starter macrumors regular

i checked my ATT account
    went to " shop support"
    clicked "Order Status"
    and nothing there....

8. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

And this is precisely why I also have a reservation at the Apple Store next Thursday in addition to my pre-order from AT&T. I'm fully expecting AT&T to pull something like this in the next week.

9. scottpuplava macrumors newbie

Mine too. Oh well, at least i reserved one at the apple store as a backup.

10. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Same thing happened to me this morning. Got the cancellation email but the order number is different. If I check my order status with my wireless number the order is still there as in progress.
    Not good. I can only hope this all straightens itself out by the end of the week. I also reserved one at the Apple store, so worse comes to worse Ill just head over there on the 24th.

11. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

"Unfortunately, we were either unable to verify the information you provided or you have exceeded the number of lines of service that we allow customers to purchase online."

Nowhere do I see where you address this statement made by AT&T in their letter. Are you saying that they are wrong, and your information is correct and you did NOT try to exceed the number of lines?

They've given, what appears to be, valid reasons for canceling. But I don't see you addressing that issue?

I'm confused! :confused:

Mark

12. scottpuplava macrumors newbie

I got the exact same email. I ordered one phone and am positive I did everything right. My order isn't showing up, but my upgrade date changed so hopefully something is going on.

EDIT

You're right, i must have placed multiple orders because that worked.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Well (to the OP)

You haven't said anything about whether or not any of the conditions in the first or 2nd email were met or if there was an issue. Was the credit card info correct? Did you try to exceed the # of lines for your account? Etc?

14. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Not sure if the above was to me or not. But here is my deal...

After my order was placed yesterday the order number was 608 something which was the same one they emailed me about canceling. However, if I go to the order status page and track by my wireless number Im presented with an order number of 505xxx. Which I never got an email about. So Im confused as well. But my 505 order still shows in progress. So Im hopeful.

15. lukin macrumors regular

Yeah they canceled mine too. At least you got the respect of an email, I just happened to check my order number on their site to find out.

I'm now in minute 34 of waiting on the phone for them.

16. awestruck macrumors regular

I haven't gotten an email period. Not even a confirmation one. But, my order status shows up on the website as "in progress".

17. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Minute 38 now for me too! The race is on and I'm sure we are all losers already.

18. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Hmmm... In all of the craziness yesterday, it sounds like you ended up with an order going through that you didn't know about (the 505xxx one). So, when AT&T saw the 608xxx order, the cancelled it for the very reasons stated in their letter.

BTW... there were rumors/stories yesterday that some folks pre-ordering yesterday through AT&T's site were actually ending up inside someone else's account. Wouldn't it be wild if someone else ended up ordering an iPhone in your name (the 505xxx one) and that's what is causing the confusion? :eek:

Mark

19. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

20. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

This whole thread is like watching a horrific car crash. I wish I never saw it.

21. dplxy thread starter macrumors regular

i checked my bank account
    nothing charged

22. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

After the 52nd minute on hold I finally got through. Very helpful and kind person on the phone and confirmed that both my orders are fine and are awaiting shipment. She said that this was the biggest headache AT$T is dealing with this morning in cleaning up the duplicate orders created by the servers being up and down. The emails that I received were canceling duplicates. What is funny is that the order numbers in AT$T system in no way match my confirmation numbers. I'd say I'm around 75% confident that I'll get my pre-order on the 24th.

23. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Folks, I am SERIOUS about raising the possibility that someone else might have ordered an iPhone under your account without your knowledge. See this story:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...reorders_as_security_breach_reports_grow.html

Down near the bottom of the story:

That person received confirmation for an iPhone 4 and he claims he never placed an order!

Things were obviously seriously screwed up with AT&T's servers yesterday. It really does sound like security protocols were breached!

Mark

24. dplxy thread starter macrumors regular

i really hope that's not true.:eek: