Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ipadpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
do you know how to do math ?????

moving 10 days back ,,, then 10 day backs ,,,, then 10 days back

30 days ...

12 months a years

12 month 12 bill . and now 12 months 13 bill

ipadpro

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2015
Bingo. This thread is just making a big deal out of nothing.

The only thing that's changing here is the date your payment is due for the bill. Not the day your "cycle" resets.

so ,,, if they changing earlier day , which mean you take your money out pocket earlier ,,,, which mean you not done using 30 days your plan and you still have to pay due date ,,,,,.....

just like you financial your car ,, due date on 29 and now they move to 21 ,,, will you getting mad or happy

this is american ,,,,

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
so ,,, if they changing earlier day , which mean you take your money out pocket earlier ,,,, which mean you not done using 30 days your plan and you still have to pay due date ,,,,,.....

just like you financial your car ,, due date on 29 and now they move to 21 ,,, will you getting mad or happy

this is american ,,,,
I have no idea what you're saying

If you can't afford to pay any bill even a week in advance, then you shouldn't have that car payment or cell phone bill in the first place. That's poor planning on your part.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

this is american ,,,,

Completely unrelated. ATT is a service that you pay for a month in advance. When you make a payment you are paying for the next 30 days of service. You aren't being cheated. A car payment is a product that you have already received and you are paying back a loan.

Reactions: ABC5S

Lefty21

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Lexington, KY
So obviously the OP of this thread is having some trouble understanding, but I just thought I'd chime in and share my experience.

I got one of the "your due date is changing messages" last month. My billing cycle is the 23rd to the 22nd. My bill was always due on the 17th of the month. After the change, it is now due on the 13th. However, my billing cycle is still the same. So instead of having 24 days to pay my bill from the end of my statement cycle, I now have 20 days. Hardly "cheating".

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Completely unrelated. ATT is a service that you pay for a month in advance. When you make a payment you are paying for the next 30 days of service. You aren't being cheated. A car payment is a product that you have already received and you are paying back a loan.
No, I don't think you're pre paying a month in advance.

We pay our AT&T bill after we use the service, so it's post paid.

Paying in advance is more akin to prepaid service, like GoPhone

Reactions: ABC5S

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
They're not cheating. It sucks for a month, but it's a one-time move. They're just moving the due date closer to the date that the billing closes. It doesn't change your billing cycle (so no pro-rated bills) and doesn't change your plan.

My bill runs from the 8th of the month through the 7th of the following month. My due date used to be on the 2nd of the month (24-25 days). They changed it to the 28th of the month (21 days). Billing cycle still stayed the same, but they give are giving me 3-4 fewer days to actually pay the bill after the billing closes.

According to the website (http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB423395) they're trying to standardize the number of days between the close of billing and the due date.

Reactions: ABC5S and ohio.emt

Lefty21

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Lexington, KY

What they are referring to is, if you look at your bill, the billing cycle you are paying will be the current month, including dates in the future. For example, my current bill is due July 13th and covers the billing cycle from June 23rd to July 22nd. So depending upon how you look at it, you are partially prepaying.

Reactions: Applejuiced

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
What they are referring to is, if you look at your bill, the billing cycle you are paying will be the current month, including dates in the future. For example, my current bill is due July 13th and covers the billing cycle from June 23rd to July 22nd. So depending upon how you look at it, you are partially prepaying.

Seems odd. I'm not doubting that your current billing cycle is from June 23-July 22, but it makes more sense that your current bill covers from May 23-June 22. That's pretty standard for most post-paid bills (except Comcast)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

My bill (from last month) that is due June 21 (Posts June 7) covers June 2- July 1 of service. So technically its the next months service that I am paying for. Time Warner is the same thing. My due date with TWC is July 10th and that covers service from June 20-July20.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 76

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Despite the naming conventions that might be used, you are in fact paying for service for the month ahead, including for any overages, features, and other is idividual charges (not part of the regular plan cost) that might have came up during the past month.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

this is american ,,,,

If your english reading comprehension is near your english writing skills, I do not expect you to understand.

If you do not pay they will TURN IT OFF!

I bet you understand that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.