ATT iPhone 4 Status??? Still not shipped!! Ordered 2 Days ago!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BradClarke, Nov 11, 2010.

1. BradClarke, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010

BradClarke macrumors member

Ok this is just completely ridiculous, att has infruiated me so much already with there poor customer support, and the whole system of ordering a new iphone 4.

On Tuesday around 10am I ordered 2 Brand new iPhone 4's on a Family Share Plan. I received the email confirming my contract on Wednesday, (why does it take att a whole day to send an email???) I accepted the terms of agreement on both phone numbers. I called back on wesnesday night and was told by a Customer service rep that he checked the warehouses and said that the iphone's would of been shipped out that day (wenesday) and said It migth be shipped out from the tenn. warehouse instead of the texas one. Now when I call the automated line to check the status it says "BACKORDERED" when I check online its says processing still, and says 1 for everything under QTY back ordered. I have never recived an email saying ti was back ordered.

I am furious at att's lack of "care" to ship out orders asap especially when its PRIORITY MAIL 2 DAY!!! I was told when I ordered the iPhones over the phone that I would recive them this week! now it doesnt look like im ever even going to get them this week.

As a side note the other person I spoke to earlier Wednesday morning was useless. I made her aware that my order was stating qty back order in the column online, and all she says "is there anything else I can help out out with?" not even answering my question at all. Then I asked to speak to the manager, and she puts me on hold for 45 mins and never even transferred me to anyone. Seriously ATT?? I don't even have your service yet and I'm this close to canceling the phones/service, I have already paid them $425 something dollars for both of these iPhones and there going to be getting $140 a month. It's really showing how much they "care" about your customers, and even though its priority shipping it doesn't seem like they actually make it a priority at all to ship it out. FOR GODS SAKE apple.com ship's the iPhone within 24 hours!! and allows in store pickup.

Does anyone know whats going on? anyone with a similar experience?

Attached Files:

2. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Your phone is on backorder. They can't ship out a phone they don't have

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Much better to get irrationally indignant about it.

4. Jimbuy macrumors newbie

5. vachargerfan macrumors regular

Yep. I had to wait almost 2 weeks for mine when I ordered it. I knew that going into it, so I wasn't really bothered by it

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, you been waiting for a whole 2 days? You must be furious:rolleyes:

7. shelbymayer macrumors regular

If you were so intent on getting it quickly why wouldn't you go into either an AT&T store or Apple store and go home that day with 2 brand new iphone 4's in hand?

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Also Best Buy, Walmart and RadioShack, all authorized re-sellers of the iPhone.

9. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

OMG 2 days.
    ....and oh no, today is a Holiday as well.

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Guess that means somebody won't be gettin their phone until next week...

11. jacollins macrumors 6502a

I don't know. I got mine immediately. Of course, I did have to get up early and stand in line on release day...

12. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

13. tigress666 macrumors 68040

People are being a tad bit unfair here.

Yeah, it's backordered, but I think what people miss here is that he called a few days earlier and htey told him they had it and were going to ship it out of the warehouse. I'd consider that bad service. Maybe accidental (I do realize sometimes computers don't update inventory fast enough so that stuff happens).

What I'd do if I were OP is stay calm, be reasonable, try to be nice (you want the rep to *want* to help you, understand that sometimes mistakes happen), and call up and don't yell at them (cause most likely who you are talking to now isn't the same as the person before and you don't want him/her to already dislike you cause most likely he/she's going to not care as much if they lose you as a customer if you start out being an ******* to her/him) but explain your bad experience so far in a calm but firm voice. Explain that you really would like to get an iphone but the service you have gotten so far is making you have second thoughts as to whether you really want to deal with AT&T (so they know that they have a chance of salvaging you but they might lose you as a customer).

I do think the iphone 4 is worth the wait honestly but I also agree how AT&T handled it so far wasn't so good (OP, I've always had good service with them/Cingular and I've been with them for 10 years but you know, your mileage may vary. Could be you just got unlucky with who you got too, some of experience does matter on person you get on the phone but I will say your attitude can make a difference in them being more helpful/less helpful).

14. vachargerfan macrumors regular

There is no point to even do that. The OP's phone is on back order. Being nice or mean isn't going to get the phone off of back order any quicker. They just go caught at a bad spot most likely. Hypothetically they might have had 100 phones available, but they could have been order 101. When all the orders got processed over night, those 100 phones were given to the first orders...and everyone else went on back order. Happens all the time. It sucks for the OP, but the only they can do is either wait it out, or cancel the order and go to either an AT&T store or Apple store.

15. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Agreed, and it also doesn't help that today is a federal holiday and the post office is closed, so nothing is being shipped regardless if they have it in stock or not.

it was just bad timing.

16. jacollins macrumors 6502a

They don't ship via regular mail do they? It's fed-ex/ups/etc. Are they on holiday as well?

17. Orion126 macrumors regular

Should've done that then.

18. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I know right? I think I waited almost 45 days!

19. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Yeah, but he may be able to get them to give him some discount or some compensation for the fact that he was initially lied to and then handled wrong when he called back. I realize that happens, but that doesn't mean they should just shrug him off when he calls to complain.

Point being it doesn't hurt to try and see if he can't get a discount or some small perk for his trouble and honestly, I could see how their CS so far has frustrated them (they didn't handle it right when he called them either. They could have explained that to him, been apologetic, and maybe not put him on hold and never have anyone actually get back to him when they said they'd get a manager).

I mean I work in retail and I would say they handled it improperly. Even if they weren't going to give him anything, they should have at least been apologetic and given him an explanation. And if they were going to get a manager for him, they should have gotten a manager.

All in all, small sucks but it adds up. You want to keep a customer, you try to keep even the small sucks to a minimum and not just keep adding to them.

I will put in a disclaimer htough that we didn't get the full text of the conversation or how the OP handled it. And judging by OP's post, I will say I'm willing to entertain that he may not have been so reasonable when he called (if you called yelling from the outstart and being very angry without even giving them a chance to explain, I'm not so surprised they didn't handle you so well. I'll say when I get a customer who is already yelling at me and not giving me a chance to explain or see what I can do or treating me like a total idiot, it makes me a helluva lot less motivated to want to do anything for him).

20. sevimli macrumors 6502a

21. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

As it is Veterans Day for the US, today on 11/11/2010, yes, they are on Holiday as well, at least for picking up/delivering orders.

22. zephxiii macrumors 6502

I seriously don't understand why he didn't just go to the ATT store and get one. i've been there twice this past month, two different stores and both had them in stock, doesn't take long either.

OH WELL

23. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Got a couple packages today from Amazon.com. They used the service OnTrac, so there's at least one service that still delivered on this holiday...

24. cas85 macrumors regular

not trying to rub salt in the wound but i went to the att store today and bought an iphone. you must not have an att store anywhere close by.

25. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac