Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
The Hero is clocked at over 500MHz. G1 and Magic are both rated at 384, not the Hero.

Still not as fast as the 3GS but thats not due to the slower CPU. Its OS just isn't optimized to take advantage of the speed. I'd be tempted if it wasn't for the serious lag. And when you open more apps, more lag. I do like the interface though and am kind of indifferent to the chin.

Are you sure because i read rumblings on the XDA forum that the Hero also got the 384MHz treatment. I'd give you the link but navigating that site is not...fun

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I know but what are a they really clocked at

I see what you're saying. I was only talking about what cpu the Hero has, not what its clocked at. No one REALLY knows what these phones are actually clocked at other than the companies themselves I'm afraid.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
My hero arrived this morning and I've been playing with it all day and I'm in fact typing this on it. It's pretty much as the reviwers said. It's by far the best Android phone out there and is a very valiant effort by HTC

However it needs some polishing and better hardware. The device is buggy and the weak/old CPU doesn't help the matters. It struggles with multimedia (no hardware acceleration) and as a result can't stand next to the iPhone at all in that regard Hardware wise (case) its solidly built and is superior to the iphone.

I'm still on the fence on whether to keep it, as it stands, it, along with the pre are the best iPhone alternatives out there but I've been spoilt by the speed of the 3GS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.