Att iPhones Not Receiving Texts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijohn3, Jun 24, 2011.

1. ijohn3 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Day 2 -

Not receiving texts with att iPhone. Called again this morning it's a known outage with some iPhone users. They told me it maybe a few days still before it is fixed.

Ugh. Anyone else know anything?

2. the.sheepdog macrumors regular

the.sheepdog

Must be a localized thing. My texts are fine in and out in central Florida.

3. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502

I'm getting texts. But I've notice for the past week or two that from time to time I'm getting them late. Got one the other day 30 minutes after it had been sent.

4. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

I don't know if this is your problem, but sometimes I have problems receiving text messages from regional carriers(i.e. MetroPCS). They arrive late on occasion, but not more than 5 or 10 minutes. The issue you are having, however, is probably a regional issue. (Or maybe even a software issue?). Anyway, good luck getting it fixed.

ALSO: If you need a temporary way to send and receive text messages, try TextFree or Google Voice.

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm pretty sure that this is not an iPhone issue but more of an AT&T issue. The iphone only displays texts that are sent to it. Thus AT&T is having issues with delivery.
    Here in Dallas, everything is hunky dory.

6. ijohn3 thread starter macrumors member

I called ATT and it is a known issues with them and some iPhones...they said the fix might not be in place till the 26th?! I don't see everyone with problems with it just some people...I noticed some people on twitter complaining too.

Why is it always something with ATT?! I'm thinking iphone5 verizon

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

This has been happening to me a lot and I wasn't sure if it was my new iPhone or an AT&T issue!
    I'm glad someone mentioned it because I text a lot and there are large chunks of time that I go textless and randomly (between 20-30 minutes later) I get about 4-5 at once.

8. rwd hero macrumors 6502

I have beeng getting my texts about 20 minutes after they were sent today. I figured it was because i was out in my workshop all day, nice to know its not a problem on my end.

9. ben173 macrumors regular

it happend to me and i fixed it with a new sim card what iphone do you have?

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

11. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I live in Miami (so it's not location based) and let me tell you, I wasn't getting texts at ALL yesterday. At FIRST I was thinking people didn't wanna talk to me, then I called someone I had sent a text to, and they said they replied multiple times, so while on the line with me I had him send me a text. I never got it, so I knew something was up there. To make sure it wasn't his phone, I went on Google Voice, and tried sending myself a text, my phone never received it.

So here I am thinking it was something from my jailbreak, and that I may have to restore my phone (I was tweaking some things earlier on it, and I thought I may have messed something up) but I called AT&T and they were NO help. They said they didn't know of any software outages or anything :rolleyes: so right when I get transferred to technical support, the call DROPS, and I look at the clock, it's 10:01 PM. THINKING they'd call me back, I NEVER got a call back, and so I called them back, and I got an automated response saying the call center was closed. By that point I was mad that I wasted 45 minutes of my life on a call that amounted to nothing. So before restoring my phone, I went to Twitter and did a simple search "receive texts" and come to find out, I wasn't the only one with the issue. A handful of people had the same problem as me, and one girl that worked for AT&T went on record to say it was a software outage and to not "freak out". All the tweets coming from people were iPhone users at that on AT&T.

So today I went back to Twitter to see if anything has progressed, and one girl said that she was able to get her texts since around 3 PM, so I sent myself a text from Google Voice, and to my surprise AND relief, I actually got it! :)

But to sum things up, it's only a few amount of people with the issue. I'm not sure why, I'd like to know why I was one of the few people though.