ATT Premier Customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The510Kid, Jun 14, 2010.

1. The510Kid macrumors member

Hey y'all, I figured I'd start this thread for those of us in the premier program. With the 3GS i had a nightmare pre-ordering and recieving the iphone but im feeling more confident this time around. Just checked my upgrade eligibility and im fully eligible despite upgrading to a 3GS on launch day and not having a bill over $100 or being the primary on the account. This fact alone has brightened my day. Anyways, this little anecdote aside this thread is to speculate, rejoice, vent, ect. about experience with the Iphone 4 and ATT premier. Some questions I've been mulling over are;

Will the premier store pre-orders start at the same time as everyone else?

Will they ship at the same time? (last time mind didn't despite ordering Day 1 of pre-orders)

Does upgrade eligibility work differently for us?

Feel free to post your own or speculate about the answers.

P.S. When i asked the premier rep about when pre-orders would start, i got a vague "after midnight when the stock is listed on the website" which could mean pre-orders start right after midnight or at some point after midnight when the stock appears which could be anytime on the 15th..... or, as its been well established, sales reps are generally idiots and guess more often than not on these matters.

Anyways, gather, discuss, enjoy the final countdown to pre-order/ launch (i love/hate these days)

2. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

I have a Premier account...but probably wont be using it to pre-order. might not save the little bit of money...but I can accept that.

3. Hojobones macrumors newbie

I also have a premier account. Last year I ordered the 3GS through Apple.com...what is the discount for the premier members?

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

iPhone = Price Protected = No premier discounts on the device

... or did they change their policy?

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I'll see if anyone here has a more solid idea, since I've asked elsewhere and not gotten much response. I have a 3G on a FAN and am obviously upgrading to the 4. I will be adding my wife to the account with a 4 as well, moving her from a Verizon go-phone and changing my account to a Family Talk plan. I talked to someone in-store and on the phone and both said it will be fine, but every single person I see mentions that you can't buy more than one Iphone during a pre-order, nor can you add someone and switch the account like I want to do. Anyone else know if this is the case? Has anyone else done this? I will be incredibly frustrated if I can't pre-order two Iphones tomorrow, as we're going on vacation soon and could really use them. I really, really don't want to wait in line.

6. fuzion macrumors 6502

Online pre orders are limited to one per household, in-store is one per person.

7. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

premier discount only applies to accessories

8. dborja macrumors 6502a

My message from *639# said they'll waive the $18 upgrade fee so I may order through the Premium store to make sure this happens.

9. cello2456 macrumors regular

After waiting forever on the phone line que, the Premier agent told me that Premier customers MUST order through AT&T Premier not Apple. Who knows if this is true - these customer service agents never seem to know what the heck they are talking about. Anyone else have any input?

10. dave006 Contributor

dave006

and service plans like voice and for some FANs data plans also receive a service discount. Each FAN has it's own benefit list.

Dave

11. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Yes 15% off voice and data services for me.

12. MacBone macrumors member

MacBone

I tried to check availability on the apple site and it gave me a message about having an incompatible account. It appears to me that the premier site is the only method of an online preorder available to me. Does anyone know differently?

13. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I think it depends on the type of FAN account you are on. I'm able to order through Apple and that's what I plan on doing. Ordering through Apple, if you are able to, should not change anything to change your plan, including keeping your FAN discount.

14. The510Kid thread starter macrumors member

I was forced to order through premier for the 3GS, apperantly it will be the same this time around. What you are describing is what i was told a year ago:(

15. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Had a FAN account last year and ordered the 3GS through apple.com and didn't have any problems. I'll be doing the same this year.

16. yaddam205 macrumors member

Great Idea for anyone with a FAN hoping to go through Apple.

Sounds logical to me, I checked mine on Apples site and it cleared through.

17. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

28% for me :D (on both)

And since i'll be moving to ATT i'm definitely going thru the Premier site don't need any trouble trying to add my FAN later.

18. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I spoke with ATT last weekend about the upgrade fee. That's supposed to be waived as part of my FAN account, so if I am charged it, I will ask it be removed.

19. cadeucsb macrumors member

I was told the same, and that it started at 8am eastern

20. Boomer85 macrumors member

Can someone please point me in the direction of WHERE to check availability on the Apple.com site?

21. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Yes that would be helpful i cannot find this either.

22. ambiv macrumors newbie

Are some premier accounts excluded from buying an IPhone altogether? When logging into AT&T's website I go to check upgrade options which redirects me to the premier website. Once there, it asks me which line of the family plan I want to upgrade then takes me to a page with all the phone options. On this page there's a banner with the 3GS for $149/$199. When I click on the banner it takes me to a list of phones to select from. The list has every phone except IPhones. Is it like this for anyone else?

I am not the main line of the family plan.

23. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

Same with mine!!

24. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I am a premier member and i had no problems with apple's site.. it does depend i am a member of my college.

25. g8orballboy macrumors regular

Does anyone have a FAN but is not eligible for upgrade? I have a FAN through work and I'm the primary on a family plan with a 130/ month bill after FAN with 2 iPhone 3GSs on launch day, yet both phones are still 2/20/11...anyone in a similar boat? I haven't heard of anyone else on a FAN not being able to upgrade!