Att preorder at 7 am?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robbie12345, Sep 11, 2014.

1. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Hi, do you guys think if I preorder the iphone 6+ 64gb and 6 64gb at 7 am est, they will arrive on launch day? Or will I have to wake up at 3 in the morning... Thanks!

2. megapopular macrumors 6502a

They may be sold out by then. Not a definite but it's possible.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I ordered mine on launch day last year at 7am and mine was sent out with the first batch of online orders. Don't worry about it :)

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I suspect these phones will be way more popular than previous. 7am might work. The gold last year was shipping two weeks out after a matter of minutes/hours depending on configuration.

5. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Impossible to say...you never know how much inventory they're going to have for pre-orders. Last year with the 5s, delivery dates on some configurations started to slip within 30 minutes of going on sale. If you're not picky about color or capacity, it might be okay to wait.

6. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

If you order at 7, you will most definitely not receive it on launch day

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Then again you were buying a 5S. I feel like S upgrades are a little less hectic and in demand than brand new designs.

8. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Last year was an S model year which means the phone wasn't a new outer casing... Plus the phones this year have larger screens, etc... There will be more people buying them this year versus last year. No denying that. None of us know how much stock there is and how many sales will take place by 7am. What we do know is that 4 hours of sale time will have passed. Best bet is to wake up at 3:15am and preorder. Orders crashed the system down the last 2 years.

9. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Yeah, that's not happening. Just order it when the pre-orders start and go to sleep. :cool:

10. robbie12345 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies everyone. Both would be space grey. By the way Im not sure that I clarified but it would be ATT's website due to their trade in program, unfortunately. I know that they typically have less stock than apple. Also, What about 430-5 am. Or would that be too late? Thanks again for all the help!