Att throttle before 5 gb??

nate1220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
I average 10-12 gb per month and noticed that I was throttled to around 500 Kbps after 5 gb.

This month at 3.5 gb, I was throttled.
The work around still works but what a headache

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I average 10-12 gb per month and noticed that I was throttled to around 500 Kbps after 5 gb.

This month at 3.5 gb, I was throttled.
The work around still works but what a headache
If you are on a 3G device then you get throttled at 3GB or shortly thereafter. On LTE then the limit should be 5GB. You should talk to AT&T if you are being throttled prematurely.

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Maybe the whole using over 10GB is an issue. Why so much? If work doesn't offer Wi-Fi, it's probably because your job position doesn't require you to be on the net. Hence, stop browsing the net and do your work. Harsh, but I don't know why you complain on this point.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Maybe the whole using over 10GB is an issue. Why so much? If work doesn't offer Wi-Fi, it's probably because your job position doesn't require you to be on the net. Hence, stop browsing the net and do your work. Harsh, but I don't know why you complain on this point.
Maybe he likes to stream music while at work. My company has no wifi either. I stream radio all day and I use around 10 GB a month also. But I haven't been getting throttled until I'm at 5 GB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.