Attaching pictures

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by deep diver, Mar 6, 2010.

1. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

The MR support people have not heard of this happening.

I've had an intermittent problem attaching photographs to my posts. I am composing my post as usual and then trying to attach my photo as usual. When I click the attachment button nothing happens. All of the other buttons work and the problem is the same in Safari and Firefox. The photographs are smaller than the size limit. It is happening on the Weekly Photo Contest and Fortnightly fora in the Digital Photography forum.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can also use the Insert Image [​IMG] button to post images, but that requires some kind of image hosting.

I know, that is not what you want to know, but the Insert Image option has a nicer embedment of images than the attach function.

3. deep diver thread starter macrumors 65816

deep diver

Thank you. I am aware of that but I don't use an image hosting site. So far I haven't seen much benefit to it for myself.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I understand. I started to use Flickr for my photos, but I don't really like Flickr's website, so now I just use it for screen shots I take to depict some problem I want to explain and solve.

For my images I used to use a blog (my shameless propaganda in my signature) and I just embed the image hosted there inside here if necessary.

5. deep diver thread starter macrumors 65816

deep diver

I just looked at your images. Very nice stuff. We've got a good group at the Fortnightly Challenge. It is a theme based C&C forum at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=873757. Join us.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Btw, I could attach an image.

It just was in the wrong thread.

Thanks for the comment, I'm just to shy to present my photos in a forum format. I still look at those challenges though and am liking what I see.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Is the original problem still happening to anyone?

If so, please state:
    1. What happens if you click the Manage Attachments button? Does the Manage Attachments window appear?
    2. What happens if you click the Manage Attachments button again?
    3. What happens if you click the [​IMG] (Attachments) icon? Does the Manage Attachments window appear?
    4. What happens if you click the [​IMG] (Insert Link) icon, for comparison? Does the pop-up box appear?

8. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I figured out the problem on this one.

If it happens again, let me know.

arn