Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Hi,

I have an audiobook in a CD. I copied it to my itunes library.

The "new order" of the audiobook in the itunes library is
alphapetic and it doesn´t follow the order in the CD or the
order of the novel/story.

What can I do, so when I go to itunes OR when i use my
ipod, the original order is not altered (into an alphabetical
order) ??

Thank you,

Ignacio.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Hi,

I have an audiobook in a CD. I copied it to my itunes library.

The "new order" of the audiobook in the itunes library is
alphapetic and it doesn´t follow the order in the CD or the
order of the novel/story.

What can I do, so when I go to itunes OR when i use my
ipod, the original order is not altered (into an alphabetical
order) ??

Thank you,

Ignacio.

First, make sure that all the parts of your audiobook have the same "Artist" and "Album" (select all parts, then "Get Info". If Artist and Album are filled out, then they are the same. If they are not filled out, then they are not the same, so type in the correct Album and Artist). When that is done, do "Get Info" for the individual parts; for each part, fill in "Track xxx" and "of yyy tracks". When you sort your whole library by album, then the album parts will be sorted by track number.

tolchinj

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
Audiobook Tracks re-order in iPod

I have a book on CD in my iTunes library. It is one of those books that has 99 minute-long tracks. They are named Track 1 - Track 99. There are 10 CD's. Each track is noteded with Disc 1 of 10, etc. They all have the same Author, generes, artist, etc.

In iTunes, they list and play properly. In my iPod, it rearranges them so I have:
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 1
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
Track 2
etc.

In iTunes, the iPod has the tracks listed in the correct order. It just messes up when I go to play in the iPod. What am I missing here?

Thanks!

AeroBar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2009
each track one is the the first track on each disc.
arrange the disc numbers in the correct order in itunes and change the track names and number [eg track 1 on disc 2 is really track 3]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.