Audiobook?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Orangeman13, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Orangeman13 macrumors regular

Orangeman13

i have an iPhone 7 plus and just bought an audiobook directly from iTunes.

I want to be able to listen to it in my car through Bluetooth but can't seem so add it to a new playlist.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Use the "Books" application on your phone. The "Music" app doesn't show audio books.

3. Orangeman13 thread starter macrumors regular

Orangeman13

But books won't show up as a playlist in my car.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 16, 2017 ---
    Also, how do I get the iBooks icon to show up on my phone?

I went to the App Store and it just has the open option not a download

4. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

From MacWorld: In iTunes on your Mac, simply add your audiobooks—ripped, Audible, or iBooksStore—to a playlist and sync that playlist to your iOS device. Open the Music iOS app, and select that playlist; you'll be able to play any audiobooks it contains. You've got several options for listening to audiobooks on your iOS device.

5. Orangeman13 thread starter macrumors regular

Orangeman13

So I can't just do it on my phone like I can with a music album? I'm traveling and away from my IMac

6. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I honestly don't know. I always resort to Audible for my audiobook listening so I don't have much experience with iBooks, other than for storing PDFs on my phone. At one point, I did have audiobooks on my iBooks iOS app and I *think* that when I downloaded the Audible app for the first time, it gave me an option to import and merge the iOS audiobooks into the Audible app player. Granted, this was a very long time ago so I don't know how accurate my memory is or if this feature is still even an option. Wouldn't hurt to try, I suppose.

Worse comes to worse, you could always download Audible and take advantage of their free book trial and listen to it through their app while you're traveling. Their player works great and divides the book into parts/chapters and streams like a playlist would. I use it everyday (via bluetooth) on my work commutes. You can create a new account with them using your Amazon login. Hopefully this helps a little bit.

7. Orangeman13 thread starter macrumors regular

Orangeman13

Just went out to my 2017 Honda Accord and sure enough iBooks shows up as an option. I guess it didn't before since I didn't have an audiobook on my phone.

Thanks for answering I appreciate it!

8. ericwn macrumors 65816

Audiobooks - wait a second- aren't they now handled by iBooks? That would explain why you cannot have them in a playlist anymore - the playlist feature is in the music app and iTunes only.