Audiobooks download problems from iTunes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bethanne, Oct 14, 2011.

1. bethanne macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing incomplete downloads of audiobooks through iTunes; the downloads will "finish" but several hours of the file will be missing (no audio on the file but several hours of "blank space"). Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Can be a problem with the actual audiobook an Apple's server. Especially if it is something that isn't too popular, nobody might have complained about it yet. When you get your receipt email, there is a link where you can complain and they'll try to fix it.

In general it is helpful to give more details. Which book, where are you downloading from, Mac or Windows, which OS, which device doesn't play.

3. bethanne thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help, and apologies for the incomplete information.
    I'm downloading from iTunes using my iPad 2. The books that didn't load properly were both by Stephen King; one was Wolves of the Calla (downloads in 3 parts; part 1 is 8h 24 m long, and loaded successfully; pt. 2 is 8:13 long - 4:20 loaded successfully; pt. 3 is 9:13 and just 49 minutes loaded successfully). The other was The Drawing of the Three; again, pt. 1 (7:12) was fine, pt. 2 was partial.

----------

p.s. to Gnasher729, I just found the "report a problem" on the receipts - I'm amazed that I overlooked that.
    Thank you again!
    Beth