Aughhh, my app placement keeps reverting back to old placement

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mr. Chewbacca, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Folders that have been long since deleted are re-appearing and any apps that I bought since then are just out there loose, also the dock reverts to 4.

Since the settings its reverting back to was so long ago I have like 8 pages of apps now, all of my organization is gone again

infini folders and folders in folders are not working, I'm thinking they could be the cause. I'm going to delete both and re organize,, again

Any one know what is happening?

2. tehreflex macrumors 6502

Do you have your apps syncing in iTunes? I noticed it would still sometimes add apps that I've deleted from my phone and undo my folders.

3. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

It happend ones when I downloaded the angry birds update. It made a new icon insted of updating the existing one then all of the apps went crazy. I deleated and reinstalled all of my apps and it seemend ok.

Today I synced with itunes and it happened again.

I removed "folders in folders" app and it want back to the configeration I had just before I bought the program, hope this works.

4. Mr. Chewbacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

So far deleating the folders in folders tweak seems to have solved the problem. :D

I guess infinifolders and folders in folders do not play nice together.

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I rarely sync with iTunes because of this. It constantly adds every app on my computer, and if I'm not paying attention, all the apps I need are deleted and I get a bunch of useless old ones that I don't need. There needs to be a way to manually sync apps.

6. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Isn't there though? Whenever I sync with iTunes there's a tab that shows all of my apps on the computer with little check boxes next to them. Only the apps for which I leave the box checked are ever synced to my phone. I'm on a JB iphone FW v4.0.1 running 5-column springboard and 5-icon dock with all of my apps sorted into 10 different folders, 5 on the springboard page 1, and 5 in the dock.

7. geko29 macrumors 6502

Also make sure you uncheck "automatically sync new apps", otherwise it will continue to put them back on every time you sync. Once that's disabled, check only the apps you want and you should be good (ulbador, not the OP).