Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Come again? LTE works perfectly fine on mine with the case on.

Do you even understand what racism means? :confused::rolleyes:

Yeah it's considered somebody placing another person in a different category then them then pointing out something about that group in general that is inferior, yes I know what racism is.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Just came back from Freehold Mall. Outside mall, 3 bars LTE. Inside 1 bar LTE but able to download and make calls. Manapalan, NJ outside Home Depot, 4 bars LTE, inside dropped to 3 bars. I have had no trouble at all with the LTE. Occasionally lose it but comes back immediately. No complaints at all.

dratifk

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2012
Fraud alert!!

Just wanted people to know that this Authorized Seller stole my money and Item.

Here is what happened I ordered from Beanietech28 from Ebay and I received the item and of course I lost signal. I emailed him and he said return it for refund - Ship it to

UC Int'lEnterprise Inc.

c/o Beanietech28

120 S Del Mar Ave #2684

San Gabriel CA 91778

I ship it with delivery Confirmation and he does not refund and no response. I file claim with paypal and they say I should have sent it to the address they have on file. So I lose $89 and the case. Here is my delivery confirmation to the address he provided.

He left a response to my neg feedback that I never sent the item back.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Paypal sucks and will do nothing for you. They stuck me for 2 Blade cases and did nothing when I got no response from customer. I canceled Paypal and only order from quality places. As far as my DRACO, LTE is fine with case on. Went to 1 bar only once, inside supermarket, and every time I look I havw at least 2-3 bars outside. Neptune today I had 5 bars LTE. My experiences, believe what you want. Not trying to be a smart-ass. I am very satisified. Love you VZW.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Just wanted people to know that this Authorized Seller stole my money and Item.

Here is what happened I ordered from Beanietech28 from Ebay and I received the item and of course I lost signal. I emailed him and he said return it for refund - Ship it to

UC Int'lEnterprise Inc.

c/o Beanietech28

120 S Del Mar Ave #2684

San Gabriel CA 91778

I ship it with delivery Confirmation and he does not refund and no response. I file claim with paypal and they say I should have sent it to the address they have on file. So I lose $89 and the case. Here is my delivery confirmation to the address he provided.

He left a response to my neg feedback that I never sent the item back.

Seems odd but try to forward them the message beanie tech sent, file a claim on ebay they can actually read your email messages sent in eBay and use those to determine their case, not paypal, if none of that works do a charge back with your bank keeping all the information the seller sent you, email and shipping receipt. I had issues with the signal on mine so i returned it, the eBay seller was super nice and understood it wasnt beanietech, from a scientific standpoint a full aluminum case with no breaks in it creates a circuit between the two antennas causing cross talk and interference it seems to be different for people and it either works or doesnt

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
Still getting 'good. signal, average 3 bars. Lost my LTE completely, for the 1st time, inside the back of Shoprite. In front, 2 bars LTE. Love the case but find the phone too thin. Already dropped it 2x. No damage. Looking for a rubber or silicone back (skin). If anyone knows of such, please post. Plenty of silicone cases, no skins.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Still getting 'good. signal, average 3 bars. Lost my LTE completely, for the 1st time, inside the back of Shoprite. In front, 2 bars LTE. Love the case but find the phone too thin. Already dropped it 2x. No damage. Looking for a rubber or silicone back (skin). If anyone knows of such, please post. Plenty of silicone cases, no skins.

I like my Incipio Kicksnap a lot. Amazon for around 25-30 I think.

kampongkid

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2012
got one of these a few days back. my signal was slightly affected, but i still have LTE reception. oddly enough my biggest complaint is that battery appears to drain more quickly with the case on.

kamalds

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2010

Weird. I have been using Draco for iPhone 5 for 4 days already and I have noticed not a single signal drop. Both Wi-Fi and Cellular radios are showing same signal strength.

got one of these a few days back. my signal was slightly affected, but i still have LTE reception. oddly enough my biggest complaint is that battery appears to drain more quickly with the case on.

My battery life is not affected. Here is my review of Draco case.

shin93

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Seems like Draco 5 isn't that popular here?

Just bought mine yesterday, i dont know about LTE signal since we in indonesia don't have LTE yet, probably will come in 2020 or something, lol
Anyway my 3G signal isn't affected. Without case i only got two bars. With draco sometimes i could get 3 bars.

The only complain i have with this case is that the edges are too sharp and is uncomfortable to hold..!
But this is the best looking case for me. Absolutely sexy and the quality is really awesome..!! 4/5 for me.

lunarken

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
HERE IS MINE...
705658_10151140270786332_1529450152_o.jpg

rc0310

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2010
Just want to update on the reception issues that I had earlier..

I'm still using the authentic Draco 5 aluminum case.. LTE.. 3G.. Wifi.. Phone calls are all working perfectly fine with no problem..

I found out that it was one of the tweaks in my "Profile" that helps to reduce data usage that was killing my LTE reception..

After removing the Profile in my settings.. My LTE signal is fine with the case on..

Sorry for my previous postings regarding to LTE reception issues..

The case works perfectly fine!!

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I'm getting very impatient waiting for my Silver Sector 5 to ship (its been over a week and the order is still processing), so I am considering getting a Draco. I have a couple questions though:

-I know that the bumper negatively impacts LTE, but does it interfere with 3G, wifi, texts, phone calls, battery life, etc in the US?

-Does the bumper fit with side skins/protectors such as ********** side wraps?

rls

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
rc0310. You said that you tweaked your profile and now your LTE is fine with the case on. Can you share what tweaks you made to correct the LTE issue. That is the only thing holding me back from this case. Thanks.

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
I have a DRACO. Still average 3 bars LTE. Occasionally goes to 3G, 4-5 bars, but goes right back to LTE. Never had a problem with calls or text. Using VZW in Central NJ.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Considering I don't use LTE, I think I am safe with getting the case.

Now I just have to decide what color to get for my white iPhone 5. I'm debating between Astro Silver and Meteor Black. Any opinions on which would look best?

mortfe

macrumors regular
May 31, 2008
I have a black phone and went with ice blue. The red looks awesome with white. I have never owned a white iPhone. White with the ice blue would be great also. Just choose something you'll be happy with.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I have a black phone and went with ice blue. The red looks awesome with white. I have never owned a white iPhone. White with the ice blue would be great also. Just choose something you'll be happy with.

Ice blue would look nice! I would love to see pics of the Ice Blue Draco on your black iPhone 5 if you have a chance.

I think I'm going to go with the pure silver for my white iPhone 5 since it seems to blend really well with the phone judging from the pics a few posts back. I'm waiting until 2013 though until I order since on Draco's Facebook page, it shows that they're releasing a new Draco line called "Elegance" which consists of gold swirled with brighter colors, from what I can tell. I'm looking forward to more information regarding that line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.