Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I hate them. The only bathroom on the floor has these machines from hell and when they flush they are as loud as jet aircraft. The problem is, motion sensors don't do a good job of detecting when I'm done and ready to flush. As soon as I sit up--FLUSH. Without going into too much detail, the toilet paper is so low you have to sit back down again to get it.

I think that stupid thing flushed 3 times. lol I'm going to introduce legislation to ban them. Who is with me?

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
There's one thing I hate, and it's public restrooms. They're so dirty and uncomfortable. And the toilets that flush that loudly are abusive.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I hate them too. But sometimes (rest stops on the turnpike, for example) they're preferrable to anything I have to touch.

There's one thing I hate, and it's public restrooms. They're so dirty and uncomfortable. And the toilets that flush that loudly are abusive.

How would you feel about an automatic flush toilet in your house? :p

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Yes, public toilets are nasty more often than not. The flush is so loud on the toilets in this office that everyone can hear exactly how many times you had to wipe. It's like a kind of Morse code.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I hate them. The only bathroom on the floor has these machines from hell and when they flush they are as loud as jet aircraft.

The amount of noise it makes has nothing to do with it being infrared. If this is in a commercial building, then in all probability it's a flush valve rather than a tank, and most of these ARE loud.

A tank toilet has (typically) a 3/8" hose (not even a pipe!) to fill the tank with water, and by comparison that's virtually silent. A typical toilet flush valve is 1 1/4". That doesn't sound like a lot, but a typical residential line is 1" for the ENTIRE house. You can move an awful lot of water through a 1 1/4" pipe - which is the entire point of a flush valve.

It would be just as noisy if it had a manual flush valve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.