Manually syncing over wifi works fine. I intentionally didn't manually sync yesterday, and I plugged in my devices as normal yesterday evening. Woke up this morning and neither one had synced since the day before yesterday.
I added quite a few album covers in iTunes last night, so there was data that needed to be synced to my iPhone.
I'm using OS X 10.7.2 on an iMac 2011 with a 2011 Time Capsule as my wifi router.
"Wirelessly sync your iOS device to your Mac or PC over a shared Wi-Fi connection. Every time you connect your iOS device to a power source (say, overnight for charging), it automatically syncs and backs up any new content to iTunes. So you always have your movies, TV shows, home videos, and photo albums everywhere you want them."
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)
Having the same issue.
My setup is correct.
Can sync manually no problem.
Just no automatic WiFi sync.
Just found this solution which worked for me - the last post by "Mr Tyrell"
For the lazy, here's the text.
Here's what i did
- made sure the iPhone was showing in the iTunes sidebar
I did this, but it will only show in the iTunes sidebar if I have it attached via sync cable.
- turned off WiFi on the iPhone, leaving it still showing in the iTunes sidebar
When I pull the attached sync cable, it isn't showing in the iTunes sidebar any longer.
- Ctrl-clicked on the iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and selected "Sync "iPhone"" (the name may be different depending on your device and what you've called it)
- Let iTunes work trying to sync the iPhone it couldn't find until it showed an exclamation mark where the eject symbol is in the sidebar
I couldn't reach this step because of the phone disappearing from the sidebar when I unplugged it. What am I missing?
- hot the eject/exclamation symbol and waited until the iPhone wasn't showing in the sidebar
- Connected the iPhone with a cable and let iTunes re-recognise it
- in the iPhone settings checked "open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" option and hit Apply (NOT Sync)
- Ejected the iPhone in iTunes
- turned the iPhone WiFi back on and let it connect to the WiFi network
- made sure it was showing in the iTunes sidebar
- connected it to my charger
- and wireless syncing started automatically!