Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I ordered mine from Apple.com on May 2nd. It said on the order that is was to ship on May 24th. It actually shipped on May 15th from China. FedEx delivered it yesterday.

evilyankeefan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
I kept checking :apple: stores and they were always out, so I ordered one today. Estimated ship date June 21 :eek:

If I go to a store and they have them, I can always cancel the order.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Whet into an Apple store the night before the day before the iPad 3G launched, and they had plenty. Was in the Apple store in Atlanta (Lenox) and they had them as well IIRC.

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
I ordered one from the apple online store today, hoping to have it before I go away in july. I received a email saying it would ship around June 17th.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
I got one from here: http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=195693 for a $10 premium - better than at Ama$on and e$ay where they are being scalped at $60 - $100. They had 15 units available when I ordered and they shipped it to me within 24 hours; I should get it any time now...

I see that they are OOS and not expecting more until June 8th.

Just got mine today. I am very happy with expansys and don't mind the $10 premium over MSRP - I really needed the camera kit PDQ.

BTW, I tried the kit with my camera and it works like a charm!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Whet into an Apple store the night before the day before the iPad 3G launched, and they had plenty. Was in the Apple store in Atlanta (Lenox) and they had them as well IIRC.
True about the Lenox store the day before but after Launch Day there have been none at any of the 3 metro stores and none in the foreseeable future according to sales at all 3. They finally advised me to just order online; 1 sales guy said he'd had to order it for himself. :rolleyes: So I ordered online & the 3-4 weeks to ship is proving to be disgustingly true. :(

StvPtrsn

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2010
I've been keeping an eye on Best Buy in the Sacramento CA area and as of now every store in the area claims to have them in stock. The same check earlier this evening showed them out of stock so maybe it's just a system glitch. I ordered one so we'll see.

Steve

Edit: nevermind, it was a glitch. Bummer.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I wish the camera kit was more readily available. Everytime I go into the Apple Store to check to see if they have it, they don't, but they do have tons of the iPad dock and I don't see people buying them up.

Maybe Apple should have devoted more resources to the Camera Kit than the iPad dock. I would have gotten the dock, but I also don't want to keep taking the iPad out of the Apple iPad case everytime I want to charge it either. On the other hand though, it would look cool next to have the iPad in it's dock, next to the iPhone in it's dock, charging on my desk at home.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Not meaning to rub it in, but the camera kit is definitely worth waiting for. I got mine at a $10 premium ($39) from expansys (see my post above) because I needed it badly for our vacation.

Well, we're on our vacation now and we didn't bring our Macbooks; only our iPads, my wife's DSLR camera and my point and shoot. It has worked out great! I load our iPads with pictures from both our cameras and send them out on email and Facebook. There are missing features in the software (can't merge events, etc) but they're not deal killers and I can fix them when we get home and download to my iMac. We are even happier now with our iPads.:)

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
There were plenty on the shelves in the Trafford Centre Apple Store this morning.

That must be why then, they are all in the UK sitting on the shelves, there are none here in the USA - Florida to be specific. I ordered one this morning from the Apple Store EPP site and the scheduled shipping date is June 28th with an estimated arrival date is July 2nd.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
The university I work at had a lot in its computer store. I didn't check the Apple store near me.

skydancer

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2008
Surrey, UK
Mine was supposed to have arrived with the iPad on the 27th but I received an e-mail on Saturday saying it will now arrive on the first of June - my Orange micro sim card is included in this shipment too so maybe that was holding it up.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Got mine in the Glasgow Apple Store today. The sales guy said they ran out over the weekend and had just received a new batch.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Got mine in the Glasgow Apple Store today. The sales guy said they ran out over the weekend and had just received a new batch.

Do we have to go to UK or Scotland to get one? :confused:

Here in Canada is even worse
Ships in June.. :(
I went in all stores BestBuy LondonDrugs FutureShop
and of course started from the Apple Store.. nobody has it
sad
Why is there a shortage of such small connector and no other manufacturers
are coming out with it?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
That must be why then, they are all in the UK sitting on the shelves, there are none here in the USA - Florida to be specific. I ordered one this morning from the Apple Store EPP site and the scheduled shipping date is June 28th with an estimated arrival date is July 2nd.

Maybe the UK tourists should start importing them to us!

I want one, but just can't seem to hit the order button.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.