Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
This has happened twice now, that I've noticed.

After an hour and a half riding a trainer, I get the 'summary' after the 'workout' is turned off, it triumphantly tells me 'You doubled your move goal!', only to have the ring retreat back over the 200% mark, and end up, the first time, in the 170% range.

WHAT???

Is this an interaction between the AW4 health/workout app and Strava, or is something weirder going on. Each time, it's after a particularly brutal indoor trainer session, over and hour and a half, and I end the session, and get the retraction.

So, before I open a case with Apple, and waste hundreds of minutes, has anyone else had this happen? I think it started happening after the last AW update too.

Anyone had this issue? Anyone had an issue with exercise sessions involving two or more logging apps causing issues?

Thanks...

ttforever

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
I've had that with runtastic, I think its because they are both reporting individually, then when it pushes it back to the phone it realises they are both at the same time and works out how much it actually was and recalculates taking it back down to the accurate level

Reactions: DeepIn2U

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I've had that with runtastic, I think its because they are both reporting individually, then when it pushes it back to the phone it realises they are both at the same time and works out how much it actually was and recalculates taking it back down to the accurate level

What I do is use the built in workout app on the watch. Once my workout is finished I use either the app HealthFit or rungap to import into strava or garmin connect. (These apps will import into other third party apps)

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
What I do is use the built in workout app on the watch. Once my workout is finished I use either the app HealthFit or rungap to import into strava or garmin connect. (These apps will import into other third party apps)

I guess that's where I'll have to see what is going on, and possibly modify what I *think* is happening. I use the AW to get the rings, and keep a record of what I've done, from a health standpoint. I feed the rides from the app/device used to Strava, and lesser to Garmin Connect, to have Strava be able to analyze my workouts, and for the social aspect.

I have had issues with apps not loading data/telemetry to Strava, so I also use the AW for 'backup' in case the data is unavailable. I've had some workout apps trip out and be unable to upload data. I don't know if I can selectively choose what data to upload from the AW and Apple Health. I was going to try to open a case with Apple to see if they have any idea what's going on. The last few times I've contacted Apple Support, I've had less than stellar experiences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.