Awesome Apple Service Part 1m+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barebackbadger8, Jun 26, 2011.

1. barebackbadger8 macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

i posted on here a few days that my iphone 3GS had got the common crack by the Dock Connector! and that my warranty had passed by 2 days...
    well today i walked into the apple store (solihull) made a Genius appointment, got to see a "Genius" told him my problem. he ran the checks etc and my iphone was actually 33 days out of warranty not 2 (that was my girlfriends iphone oops lol)

anyway he looked at it and said that the iphone considering was over 13 months old was in great condition (i have a screen protector). he continued to look at it and then said "hang on a sec mate". he walked away spoke to someone else and then came back.
    "just spoke to my manager and he said that obviously your not really covered but because the iphone as obviously been looked after we will replace it with a brand new like-for-like iphone 3gs. if your happy to do that however we will only cover it with 90 days warranty not the usual 12 months if your ok with that"

hell yea lol i signed the digital paperwork and off i walked out with a new iphone 3gs, ok it aint the iphone 4 but im well pleased with the service.
    big thumbs up to Apple, and the Solihull store in particular!

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's awesome.
    I need to take my iPhone 3GS to the Apple Store to see if they'll do anything about mine since its a bit messed up. I doubt they will, but it's certainly worth a shot.

3. barebackbadger8 thread starter macrumors 6502

barebackbadger8

i was going in and expecting to pay the £29 it costs to replace the back, although i know its a common fault i was happy to pay that because i have 10months of my contract left.
    according to my receipt the replacement should of cost £139, so to get that free while out of warranty im well chuffed