AWS2 Edition (Ceramic) Preorder/Order/Delivery Thread

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by aplnub, Sep 10, 2016.

1. aplnub macrumors regular

I have not really seen many posts from people who have ordered the white ceramic model AWS2 Edition. I did. My delivery date is listed as 9/16. I currently have a stainless AWS1. I was and am really unsure about the white coated frame but it catches my eye so I decided to go with it over the stainless options.

Who else has ordered this watch and please post up your anticipated/actual ship dates if you don't mind.

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I want one so bad it hurts but I have to have a link bracelet that matches or at least looks good. I have been longing for the link bracelet longer than the 2nd gen watch. I want it! And now is my time! I ordered a black SS with link and can't wait but the price was on par with the ceramic haha. I think I would without a doubt take the ceramic if it came with a ceramic link or a Black SS link. I think either would look amazing. I can't wait to see some new owners post the ceramic with their black SS link on it, I may return my SS case and pay the extra for ceramic if I see it in time! gratz on your awesome purchase!

3. FFR macrumors 65816

FFR

4. aplnub thread starter macrumors regular

5. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I ordered one and got the 9/16 delivery when I ordered. Confirmation email says 9/26-9/28, so who knows. I am really excited, I have an SS right now and have a ton of bands. My favorite being my Hermès band. Can't wait to see how it look with the Ceramic watch.

6. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Pictures will be very appreciated.

7. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Will do! Happy to share what I can. Now I just need to get the watch lol.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Well, delivery of the 42mm is 5-7 weeks while the 38mm is 2-3 weeks.

I would have considered the Edition if it were available with the Hermès bands and watch face. My guess is that Apple will expand the band selection at some point.

9. HopefulHumanist, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016

HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

I ended up ordering one pretty late so my expected delivery is several weeks back. Do you guys think that I would have any luck either going directly to an Apple Store on launch day or ordering one for personal pickup from a store on the site the day of?

It's definitely my first choice but the black SS is a close second.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not everyone is into white-bodied watches, but there'll be more of you once they introduce additional models in the new Edition collection. There will most likely be a couple of refreshes in the coming year (just like the original AW).

11. christophermn macrumors member

The color looked so great, I couldn't resist. I got the cheapest sport version in 2015, so after the past 16 months of usage I decided to go all in for the premium model this time around. Given the high price I hope to be able to wear this new one for at least two years.

12. chuckm1020 macrumors regular

My ceramic edition just went into preparing for shipment!! Can't wait for this Friday!

13. Carac macrumors regular

What date was on your confirmation email? I also got a 9/16/16 date on the order page but the email ended up saying the 26-28th

14. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I am in the same boat as you. Don't know how the confirmation email changed so much. That is over a week difference. Weird.

15. aplnub thread starter macrumors regular

Mine came earlier this morning. Very elegant. Glad I went ceramic.

16. the future macrumors 65816

17. aplnub thread starter macrumors regular

Here it is on my wrist.

Attached Files:

18. KPOM macrumors G5

Nice! I was tempted, but since I have gotten used to the Hermes watch face decided to go with a Series 2 Hermes ($261 premium for that watch face and Hermes Sport Band notwithstanding). I'd have gone for a ceramic Hermes version if they made one (with ceramic hinges and buckle).

19. the future macrumors 65816

Thanks! That looks extremely nice. Very classy.

20. i3s3d01 macrumors member

I'm waiting for the UPS guy. He's delivering mine and my wife's today.

21. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

How do you like it? Do you have any other bands to try it with?

22. aplnub thread starter macrumors regular

I like it. It looks really sharp. The new watch definitely feels snappier than the older one but we only had watchOS3 for a few days. I have the Milanese Loop (which I am not going to use on this watch) and many sport bands. I will try to snap a few photos of different band colors on it this weekend.

23. kid2010 macrumors member

kid2010

Do any one found the 1mm gap between screen and case annoying...? I just got mine and I'm not sure I can tolerate that ...

24. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

What color is the dot on the crown? Is it just white?

25. aplnub thread starter macrumors regular

It looks black.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    If you mean does the Sapphire cover set back toward the center of the watch 1mm? If that is what you mean then yes mine is that way and it looks perfectly natural. Didn't even notice it until you asked.