Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
Hi,

when I have finished a running work-out the distance is not correct. for example, when I have run 3,59km the AWU says that I have run 2,59 km. I’ve tried to run several distances on several location but there is still a difference from at least 400 meters. This only happens when I do a running work-out. When I walk or take a ride then distance is correct.

Tried everything apple saiy to solve this bunt nothing works. Any suggestions?

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
When I do a walk workout in the woods (With al lot of high trees) there is no problem with the distance. only when I’m running.
maybe I have to run with the walk workout?

cubodado

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2022
Torino
Don’t know how to help… did you configure well your height on Apple Health? If I’m right running and walking combine GPS data with accelerometer, while cycling is GPS based.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Hi,

when I have finished a running work-out the distance is not correct. for example, when I have run 3,59km the AWU says that I have run 2,59 km. I’ve tried to run several distances on several location but there is still a difference from at least 400 meters. This only happens when I do a running work-out. When I walk or take a ride then distance is correct.

Tried everything apple saiy to solve this bunt nothing works. Any suggestions?
Wow 3,59 vs. 2,59 is a pretty massive difference - do you use precision start with your Ultra? One of the big benefits is that you can lock a signal before running and not use the 3-2-1 GO where GPS signal can be crap, but it starts.

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
Wow 3,59 vs. 2,59 is a pretty massive difference - do you use precision start with your Ultra? One of the big benefits is that you can lock a signal before running and not use the 3-2-1 GO where GPS signal can be crap, but it starts.
Hi, thans for the tip!! I will try

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
I did with the help of Apple support…. Still looking for the solution
Understand if you do not want to post a screenshot of the track because of privacy reasons.

But tell us: nothing obvious to see with the track? Everything perfect?

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
Understand if you do not want to post a screenshot of the track because of privacy reasons.

But tell us: nothing obvious to see with the track? Everything perfect?

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 63

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
This was the track. Normal conditions. Nothing obvious

And the gap in the upper right is ok?
What are the lap distances and times?

When you were doing the run, what did the watch report? Km markers at the right/expected places?

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
And the gap in the upper right is ok?
What are the lap distances and times?

When you were doing the run, what did the watch report? Km markers at the right/expected places?
The gap was when I paused the work-out (don't know why). Hereby the lap distances, where can I found the KM markers?

Attachments

• IMG_3216.jpeg
    IMG_3216.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 53

Cunir

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2021
Is it maybe to do with the extra sweat on your wrist and the watch moving around? Maybe try tightening the band up during a run.

Have you tried running with your phone as well, just to see if its correct

Reactions: NME42

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
Is it maybe to do with the extra sweat on your wrist and the watch moving around? Maybe try tightening the band up during a run.

Have you tried running with your phone as well, just to see if its correct
Yes I did, no difference still incorrect KM. Strange thing is that walking and cycling is no problem. They show the correct distance. Yesterday I started a walk workout while I was running. Distance then is also incorrect. Tried with and without phone. and phone on and off

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
The gap was when I paused the work-out (don't know why). Hereby the lap distances, where can I found the KM markers?

Only two laps? Should be at least three if your auto lap is 1km. Are the paces ok?

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
The UWA registered 2,59 km while I ran 3,59m km. Paces also incorrect, should be around 5,45 p/km
Strange. Do you have Autolap 1km activated or did you do manual splits?

In case of 2,59km and Autolap 1km there should be three laps in the list: km 1, km 2, and one for the 0,59km.

LaurensB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2023
Netherlands
Strange. Do you have Autolap 1km activated or did you do manual splits?

In case of 2,59km and Autolap 1km there should be three laps in the list: km 1, km 2, and one for the 0,59km.
Autolap is activated. I stopped after 2,59 km, don't now why I didnt't receive data for the 0,59.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
Autolap is activated. I stopped after 2,59 km, don't now why I didnt't receive data for the 0,59.

Just to be sure: your start and finish are not the same point as your track says? About 1km distance I estimate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.