Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
From viewing their ads, I'd say, keep using it. Chicks dig flaky skinned guys.

Just something about the chicks knowing you need an overpowering odor to knock out your body rank odor, makes axe seem as sexy as a toilet mint.

xodonniedarko

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2007
North Carolina
Buy Arbonne.

The ingredients in axe are probably far too rough for your skin. Arbonne is pure safe and beneficial. Expensive, but you get what you pay for (as you can see from your Axe). Don't bother with lotion unless it's free of mineral oil or petroleum oil

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
So I'm 14 and I've been using the axe roll on deodorant for a while. Recently, I have found that under my arms there is skin that is flaking off, and when I went to shower today I found that skin is flaking off everywhere. Has this happened to anyone else? I tried googling it, but nothing came up. SHould I be worried? For now, I'm using old spice.

Stick to real deodorants si vouz plait

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I'd try not using it before a dermatologist, if problems persist, I would then check in to it.

There are a couple of body washes that leave my body very dry, even some of the ones that say "moisturizing". Maybe try something that claims to be hypoallergenic. I know it's "cool" to have the crazy scented body washes and such but to be honest, the Dove+men bar soap is pretty awesome, and it smells good. It's around 3 bucks for a pack of 3 bars. You should try it.

Even people who have great skin and little to no allergies will still react to certain things.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
why do people even find and comment on 2.5 year old threads about deodorant anyway? :confused:

Because if they don't do a search and create a new thread people will bitch and tell them they need to learn how to search before creating new threads. Maybe the poster was searching for a related topic and found this one.

Last edited:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Axe is lethal to my nose from several feet away - that's as close as I'm willing to get to it.

Akin to a dead skunk - they smell bad enough down the road, I've got no reason to pick it up to get a better look. ;)

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Not to be rude or too forward, but why do you need to use deodorant? If you eat right and are physically healthy, you shouldn't stink.

I know who i wouldn't want to sit next to on an airplane ride to Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.