Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Abt price-matched the Walmart sale earlier this week for me. $698 shipped for a SG 256 WiFi. It's back-ordered, but waiting a few more days doesn't matter a bit to me. It's just an iPad.
Score!

I've been waiting on the 256 GB WiFi models and noticed that abt.com had them in stock and is also tax free for me. I just placed an order with them and will cancel my B&H order as soon as I get shipping confirmation.
Just got my shipping confirmation email. B&H has been canceled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryan Bowler

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
I ended up going with AT&T. I didn't really need an LTE model, but 0% Financing over 20 months is a steal even if I end up paying $10 a month for service.

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Glad I cancelled and ordered from Abt. Mine will be here on Tuesday.

2bb4221493b6be67db1ead152a8a38cb.jpg

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
Abt price-matched the Walmart sale earlier this week for me. $698 shipped for a SG 256 WiFi. It's back-ordered, but waiting a few more days doesn't matter a bit to me. It's just an iPad.

:eek:

I got $704 from Adorama. It just shipped.

Reactions: Poob Bubes

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA

Thanks so much for sharing this info. Like many of you, I had tried to order via B&H had been on back order. I asked ABT .com if they would honor the same discount ($698) on the 256GB WiFi model. They did not match the price, but were nice enough to meet me in the middle and provide the price of $724. Makes upgrading to the 256GB model a lot easier, although I likely won't use all the space, its nice to have. Shipping tomorrow and should have it by Friday.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Tomorrow is supposed to be the day that B&H receives their first shipment of 12.9 512 GB iPads. My fingers are crossed! Waiting has been really tough!!

Reactions: rui no onna

jmgag03

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Tomorrow is supposed to be the day that B&H receives their first shipment of 12.9 512 GB iPads. My fingers are crossed! Waiting has been really tough!!

Is there a reason Space Gray is so hard to find? You can order a Silver or Gold iPad from multiple websites. Is Apple trying to create false scarcity with their most popular color?

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
It's the only iPad with black bezels. Pro or otherwise.

True, the majority of models have a white bezel, which I prefer. I do more web surfing on the iPad, and the white bezel always made the iPad look and feel lighter. I think that effect is enhanced even more with the 10.5 iPad. I can understand those people who watch mostly video that might enjoy the black bezel though.

Btw, Silver iPad 256GB WiFi iPad arrived last week on time from ABT.com. No issues with the experience. Glad I made the switch after hearing that many are still waiting on B&H. Hopefully, tomorrow is your day!

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
True, the majority of models have a white bezel, which I prefer. I do more web surfing on the iPad, and the white bezel always made the iPad look and feel lighter. I think that effect is enhanced even more with the 10.5 iPad. I can understand those people who watch mostly video that might enjoy the black bezel though.

Btw, Silver iPad 256GB WiFi iPad arrived last week on time from ABT.com. No issues with the experience. Glad I made the switch after hearing that many are still waiting on B&H. Hopefully, tomorrow is your day!

I do agree that web-pages and white-based backgrounds look great on the white-bezel iPads. So much so that I took a long hard look to see if I could grow to like the white. But for my personal needs (personal being the keyword) the black bezel looks so much more professional for what I do as a working photographer and video production guy. So while I can see the attraction to white, black it is for me.

Congrats on getting your iPad from ABT! Ever since I heard about them here, I’ve been checking stock there twice a day. They seem like a really good store and I’m going to shop there more often.

macdragonfl

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale,Fl
Hogwash. I’ve bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear from B&H over the last decade and they are as reliable as they come. They do not falsely advertise or try to intentionally trick you.

In the case of new products coming in, they do their very best to forecast the arrival date, but they are a reseller and are not a direct part of Apple’s supply chain so they do not know with certainty what will be arriving on what date. So they try their best to estimate it for you.

In this case, I can also confirm what Chris said a couple posts above. I just got off the phone with B&H and they said that they were expecting iPads to arrive today, but they did not come in. He spent some time in the inventory system and then spoke with the wholesale ordering department. Bottom line is they are now saying that it looks like Apple’s supply chain will put iPads in their hands sometime next week, but they cannot say for sure. (This is beyond their control and is up to Apple.) They are not advertising a date now since there is so much uncertainty. It could happen in a day or two. Or it could happen next week. We just have to wait and see.

That’s how it goes with resellers. For those that want more certainty, ordering directly from Apple is and always will be your best option. But for those wanting to save some money, resellers like B&H (and others) are a good option if that is the route you want to take.

Yes been buying from B&H even longer than you! Back when they only sold cameras, I’ve never had issues with them at all. They are professionals. Resellers especially ones that discount are low priority for Apple. I ordered mine this time from BestBuy and was still lucky to get it. It took some 3 calls to get it to ship as they had problems with activating the AT&T sim.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
No shipping notice for me. B&H said they did not get any 12.9 512 GB models in. They are hoping for early next week.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
C'mon Apple! It's July and the 12.9 Black Bezel 512 GB is nowhere to be found...anywhere. Get with the program and start producing these bad boys!! :mad:

Perene

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Netherealm
I bought the IPP 10.5 (256 GB wifi +cel, Space Gray) from B&H, and a few other accessories (from them and also Amazon). It was the 1st time I ordered something from Apple that wasn't being sold in my country with the usual IMPORT FEES that make them the most expensive in the world.

I managed to send the items from the U.S. using a freight forwarder and end up paying a LOT less. This was a huge order, a guy from B&H called me from N.Y. (I am from Brazil) to confirm it.

This is the unboxing (it only arrived this week) and the pictures I took from the package:

https://goo.gl/VEkPFe (all images)

You can see I ordered the items mentioned in this thread, too:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-pro-10-5-charger-question.2062415/#post-24932743

Despite the problems they had selling the Airpods I was very impressed with the way the store handled everything. Highly recommended.

Note: the order was placed on August 22.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.