Back glass shatters after 1 foot drop....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Jun 24, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

2. bova80 macrumors 6502a

perhaps gizmodo slammed it from 1 foot. seems like they are trying to put as much negative publicity about the iphone as possible since apple shunned them.

3. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Seems that way to me as well. That being said I won't be dropping it if I can help it (or reading Gizmodo... if you allow your reporting to become bias who knows what other bias are reflected in it).

4. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Yeah I agree with you guys about gizmodo. Always the last place I go to check for news. But I figured this coupled with the reception issues going caseless seems crazy. Even tho I've never scratched the front of an iPhone so I assumed is phone would be pretty durable.

5. diabolic macrumors 68000

I hopefully won't drop mine. :)

I stopped read Gizmodo a while back too.

6. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I don't understand the need to do these tests. I wouldn't feel the need to have drop tests for my laptop because I don't plan on dropping it. Same for my phones. Do all of you have greasy hands or are you just careless?

7. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

Well said!

8. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

At this point Gizmodo is nothing more than the tech version of the National Enquirer.

9. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

It wasn't a test. A dude actually dropped his phone from a foot high. He's trying to get the back replaced at the genius bar.

10. PunisherUltra macrumors member

as long as it doesn't scratch so easily as the plastic back on the 3GS.

11. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Oh, Gizmodo. You used to not suck. What happened?

12. aequitas1234 macrumors member

lol, the apparent Gizmodo plan to besmirch the iPhone's reputation will fail when all it ends up doing is causing the Apple fanbois to to spend ridiculous amounts of money on random accessories from Apple.

13. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

14. noobinator macrumors 601

Ok then I won't drop it and if I do it's my own fault.

It's not that hard to NOT drop a phone.

15. Centient macrumors 6502

:D

16. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

If that actually happened as described, that's concerning ... frankly, I'm a clumsy person, and I have small children who think the iPhone is the most awesome toy ever invented. (Which is why I always use a case!) I've dropped my 3GS onto concrete, down the stairs, etc. But I do find it really hard to believe that Apple would sell a phone that could be cracked by a one-foot drop.

17. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Gizmodo has always sucked IMO from their "Apple can do no wrong!" days to their now "Look what Apple did wrong!" slant they have now.

The iPhone 4 is like any other phone when it comes to being dropped. Granted there's always marketing spin about how industrially tough it is but still...if it hits the ground just right, it'll break. Shocker I know. :rolleyes:

In other news, water is wet.

18. Readover macrumors member

19. zoman504 macrumors regular

20. Readover macrumors member

lol, just got over to gizmodo.com and the whole page is blastered with anti-apple stuff! lol.. I guess they're android folks from now on?

21. imageWIS macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting for someone to fire a .45 calibre bullet at an iPhone 4 and then cautions us about using an iPhone around crossfire:rolleyes:

22. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Any material that you would want to hold in your hand and be scratch resistant is going to be brittle.

These threads are so sad as people are already looking to return their phone for the slightest little thing!

Boy, there will be LOTS of refurbs out there for the less nit picky customer!

23. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

really? a phone will break if you drop it? who woulda thunk it!

24. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I dropped mine from that height onto a wood surface and I don't even have a scratch. That's also the second time in 3 years I've dropped my phone (I was trying to hold it without covering the antenna lol).

25. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Gizmondo is reporting real news morons not made up news. What if they didn't report the signal dropping problem or the yellow spot problem? It's you guys that think Apple can do no wrong, and want to call Gizmondo a bad news site because it's reporting flaws on the phone. If they don't report things like this it will take longer to get fixed.