Back to school promo and NEW iPod touch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eyeyen, Sep 1, 2010.

1. eyeyen macrumors newbie

If you order a macbook pro, will you be able to get the new iPod touch or the old one?

I tried making an order and it looks like it links to the old one, I just wanted to know if anybody is in the same boat as me. Thanks!

PS I did a MRoogle search and didn't find anything on this.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It has always been the old one. The idea of BTS is to clear warehouses before the new one

3. eyeyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, weak. I read the terms and conditions and it lists out the product numbers. I wonder if we can trick an Apple customer rep into doing it anyways? :p

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

You simply will not get a new iPod Touch with the BTS promo. It is not going to happen.

5. operte macrumors newbie

The thing is: how do you put the old ipod touches in the cart? :\ I can only find the new ones :s

6. eyeyen thread starter macrumors newbie

It should link you to one. Try removing everything from your cart and doing it again. It should be like /back-to-school/ or something like that in the URL.

7. sananda macrumors 68020

Yeah, how is it possible to get the offer at all?

8. operte macrumors newbie

You are right :p Thanks :)

9. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

"*Buy a qualifying Mac and iPod with Apple education pricing from May 25, 2010, through September 7, 2010, and receive an online rebate up to $199. 8GB iPod touch is second generation."

10. mkgm1 macrumors regular

It has not always been the old one. Three years ago when the fat iPod Nano came out I got it under the rebate program.

11. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

12. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

I got the old one :/ thought I'd be getting a 3g touch with my i5 macbook but when I was updating it found out I had to use 2g firmware lol

13. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

you could choose not to get the iPod and get a credit instead

14. VivaV macrumors member

Could you point me in the right direction of how to do this? I have tried to search.....

15. temiller macrumors member

I hope your kidding because I ordered mine last week. I already have an IP4, so the only reason I got the iPod touch was because it was going to be almost free besides the taxes, and I can sell it for cheap and make a quick $100 - $150..

16. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, you can't.

17. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

huh, at the physical apple store they would

18. old-wiz macrumors G3

nope.

19. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

well then the obvious conclusion is that I was abducted by aliens and they imprinted that into my memory :eek:

20. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

One of my buddies purchased a MBP from the store (not online) and came back with the iTouch unopened and exchanged it for the newer one...the last time Apple ran that deal.

(some people are lucky I guess)

21. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

A rebate takes a few weeks. Apple usually refuses to give you the rebate if you do that since you are exchanging a qualifying product with a non qualifying one.

22. dipm06 macrumors member

sometimes they just give the ipof for free. they dont change you so that you dont have to the the whole mail in rebate thing. my friends just got one with his new mbp and wasnt charged.

23. OnaMacSince1989 macrumors member

http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BackToSchool_TermsConditions_US_2010.pdf

"Please be advised that Apple announced new iPod models on September 1, 2010. These new iPod models are NOT ELIGIBLE for the Back to School promotion. Rebate claims submitted in conjunction with these new products will not be honored."

"PROCEDURES RELATED TO PRODUCT RETURNS AND EXCHANGES: If any Qualifying Product required for redemption under this promotion is returned for any reason and exchanged for another Qualifying Product required for redemption under this promotion, you must provide adequate documentation to support the exchange transaction. Submit all receipts or web order numbers related to the transaction at issue. If a product required for redemption under this promotion is returned for any reason and not exchanged for another Qualifying Product required for redemption under this promotion, your rebate claim and any checks issued to you under this promotion will not be honored. To the extent a rebate has previously been paid in such a circumstance, any cash or credit refund owed by Apple for the return will be reduced by the amount of the rebate check that was issued to you."

24. eyeyen thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess they're getting asked this same question, because my copy of the T&C don't say that.

25. andrewbring macrumors newbie

Proof Of Purchase?

I am planning to purchase my imac and get the free ipod touch.

I've been trying to figure out if proof of purchase means I cut out the UPC code.. or if I can provide a picture.

I read somewhere that there is a way to simply provide a picture. Is this true?

Is there an online method to get your rebate and scanning a upc code?

I'm assuming if I don't open/cut up the box, i'd haev better chances of being able to exchange or return.

But why in the world would they accept a picture... .. just throwing it out there.

Thanks