Back Up Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbro1096, Mar 5, 2011.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well, I hate to say it, but if Apple doesn't release the iPhone 5 with a bigger screen then I think I may switch to a 4.3" android phone. Who else may be doing the same? (Don't rag on me as I'm a huge Apple Fanboy, but after two years of almost the same OS and screen size it just seems boring)

2. 184550 Guest

Eh, my friend got an Evo 4G. IMO the screen is way too big, it looks ridiculous in his pocket.

I like the current screen size though I wouldn't mind if the rumors about maintaining the current footprint with an increase to the four inch screen were true.

3. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I left Android because of the terrible battery life. Just do your research before making the jump. Do what works best for you.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm not. The screen doesn't seem small because iOS is very optimized for it.
    Plus, I like my Apps, iPod, and all the other nifty features I currently have.

5. iamgriselda macrumors newbie

I had the Motorola Droid X and its just too big...i hope they dont switch to a bigger screen. everything looks fine with this size screen.

6. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not for at least another like 90 days.
    I would like that too. I don't want a HUGE screen but something better than 3.5". Maybe 3.7" would be good.

to be honest Qpple is the best right now and I will do tons of research but this is just my back up plan.
    that's one problem I'll have is my apps and music but the screen is just ehh now. 3.7 would still make me a happy man/boy
    The Droid X is huge but like I said I think 3.5 is too small but 3.7 would be ok. I was looking at the inspire 4g which has a 4.3" screen but the phone it self isn't that much bigger than the iPhone 4

7. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Think about the difference between 3.5 and 3.7 inches. Is that really going to make a dramatic difference? You have to look at is a whole package not one feature. If the screen size was the only reason to own a phone then sure the iPhone wouldn't be the best. But, when you compare OS, usability, reliability, and battery life the iPhone is easily the best. If you don't think so, that's cool. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out. Nobody is going to cry or beg you to stay. It's a personal choice and every person has a right to make their own choice.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

9. Jmill79 macrumors newbie

Size is perfect for me right now. These things still need to be able to fit in your pocket ya know. Where's it end, 5", 6" Do you wanna have to carry a bag just to tote your phone around?

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Do you honestly feel like your are being limited due to screen size?
    I doubt its changing soon though.

11. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

Let's be honest, should you not be picking a phone that's best suited to your needs. If screen size is of great importance to you then there's plenty of phones currently out there on the market that you can pick from.

12. A2DY macrumors member

if phone size and battery life isnt affected then bigger screen can only be a good thing,

if not then ill keep the size it is at the moment,

13. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

When the Nexus one came out compared to my phone the size was better and felt easier to use/touch so yes I do think It will make a difference

I am not leaving anytime soon I'm just saying if Apple doesn't update the iPhone with better stuff then I'll probably leave because I hate boring stuff(to be honest though I won't leave its just an idea). Plus $199 every year VS a good looking inspire 4g for $99.99....
    I know, I don't want a Dell streak but the inspire 4g is about the same size as the iPhone 4 with a 4.3" screen
    yeah, sadly this is true but I think since many r going bigger apple will be force to "keep up"
    Well both an android and iPhone fit my needs cause all I do is surf the Internet, facebook, call and text soo.....
    Sadly I kinda agree but it would be nice you have to admit.