Backgrounder: What do you have "always-enabled"?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
:)

I just figured I'd switch it up for once, as opposed to having another "OMG, I totaly updated to 3.1.3 and needz to downgrade asapp!" thread.

What exactly, if you have Backgrounder, do you have always enabled so it doesn't close out when you hit the home button? I have Sirius/XM and Cydia set, just because it can be a pain to have to wait for them to load all the way back up again.

I just got rid of having YouTube always enabled, just because it didn't update my subscriptions without closing out completely. I'm just looking for more things to add to my always-enabled list.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you have!

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Oh yeah, definitely not, only if I get sidetracked once it's opened and I have to go and reply to an email or something. It definitely beats needing to have to wait every single time I open it in a short period of time.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
PreBrowser (full screen browser) so that it acts more like Safari.

Shazam because I don't like to sit there and wait for the song.

GPSPhone when I play games.

Everything else I'll just do on a case to case basis.

Oh yeah, definitely not, only if I get sidetracked once it's opened and I have to go and reply to an email or something. It definitely beats needing to have to wait every single time I open it in a short period of time.
For this, I would recommend NoCyFresh. Some try to claim that it is a dangerous package, but I can assure you it is not. Cydia has gotten better recently in that it doesn't completely block you out from using it while refreshing, but it is still annoying. With NoCyFresh (a SBSettings toggle), you eliminate this. It only refreshes when you manually hit the refresh button.

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
-Slacker
-PreBrowser
-ooTunes Radio

If I am using another app a lot then I'll just enable it manually so it can open up faster like BeejiveIM or Facebook.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Has anyone else had any experience w/ NoCyFresh? I'm leaning toward the fact that it's not that big of a deal to wait a few extra seconds when I open Cydia, but just wondering anyone else's mileage with it?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Has anyone else had any experience w/ NoCyFresh? I'm leaning toward the fact that it's not that big of a deal to wait a few extra seconds when I open Cydia, but just wondering anyone else's mileage with it?
I'm sure I read that it can corrupt Cydia. I got rid of it a day after I put it on and guess what, later had to do a restore to fix Cydia.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I'm sure I read that it can corrupt Cydia. I got rid of it a day after I put it on and guess what, later had to do a restore to fix Cydia.
I've never had this problem. And I've been using it since it came out.

It can only "harm" Cydia if there is an update to Cydia. And even then, it will just leave NoCyFresh defunct.

(Information from the creator of NoCyFresh.)

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
^Ahh, could be that I was posting in both today ;)

I'm gonna err on the side of caution and pass on the Cydia non-refresher. It's not that big of a PITA to wait a few extra seconds for it to refresh after opening :) Thanks though!

I was actually kind of hoping to get a lot more ideas on apps to auto-enable, but these will be a good start until I do a little brainstorming

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Yes I'd also suggest to skip on the Cydia non-refresher thing.
With the latest update cydia has became quicker than before anyway.
If the latest update is considered fast, then before it must have really been bad. I'm tempted to add Cydia to Backgrounder, as well. What's the deal with the search? You click a letter, have to wait about 10 seconds, click another, wait 4-5, click another, etc.

gixxerfool

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2008
If the latest update is considered fast, then before it must have really been bad. I'm tempted to add Cydia to Backgrounder, as well. What's the deal with the search? You click a letter, have to wait about 10 seconds, click another, wait 4-5, click another, etc.
While it is fast--er, I do agree with you. But if it's speed accounts fortue stability over Rock, that's fine by me.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, it was worst before.
You're using a 3G model right?
Yes, I noticed the same thing on 2G and 3G iphones. You search and have to wait 5 seconds till the clicks register.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Or you can just type really quickly and have your iPhone do like 10 clicks in a row when searching. It sounds hilarious!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Yes, same here.
I think its a bug with cydia.
I see you joined the dark side :D
Had to. Lost tethering, because I lost downgrade ability from how I used to downgrade. I still have no idea why I couldn't downgrade, because I think the last refurb I got in December had 3.1.2 and I downgrade that to 3.0.1 with no problem.

So far, the Dark Side is quite nice.