Backlit keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Futhark, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Has anyone else noticed when the keyboard actually lights up?

Is the light there so you can see what your typing? Of course it is so WHY does it only kick in once you've logged into your account?

I keep typing my login password incorrectly because I can't see what I'm typing at night :-D

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Have you tried manually setting the keyboard backlight when you login? Also, are you logging in after startup, sleep, or screensaver?

I rarely login, so I can't remember whether or not it's on. I normally just put the MBP to sleep, so I don't see a login screen upon wake.

3. Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

This is from a fresh start. The minute I enter the correct password and press enter on comes the lights in full glory :-D

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

lights up keyboard so u can use it in dark environment obviously.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

Apparently you didn't understand the OP's post.

The question really was why the keyboard doesn't light until after the login process. This is a valid question. But most of us never completely shut down our MBP's, so it's not really a problem. However the keyboard probably doesn't light up because the settings don't take effect until have the login. But I agree, one would think it would be on by default immediately upon the computer being turned on.

I could never go back to a laptop without a lighted keyboard, Apple has spoiled me.

6. randomrazr macrumors 65816

the keyboard backlight is light sensitive meaning it will fire up if theres low light unless you manually adjust it

7. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Same here. The light won't come on until logged in.
    I always thought that was stupid :/

8. Resist macrumors 68030

Again you are not understanding the question. Do you not understand about the log in when powering it from being completely off? This is what the original question was about. Or are you purposely posting responses that have nothing to do with OP's question just to be inciting.

9. BAC5.2 macrumors regular

You can always manually turn the lights on.

It is odd that they don't turn on right away. My old Dell did. The screen dims or brightens automatically before login, so it seems logical that the keyboard would as well.