Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
My guess is that it's to make it work better with the new .Mac Bookmarks feature. No clue from VersionTracker either.

JW

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
i'm pretty sure the update improves safari backups. in the previous verison, there was no QuickPick for Safari settings, in this version there is.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
Apple pulled 1.2.2 and replaced it with 1.2.1 at first due some malicious code causing errors in the program. This fixes it and ads the features 1.2.2 was supposed to ad

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
I think it has something to do with the DRM in AAC iTMS files.

I think the new version of backup allows you to back the files up to CD without it counting agsinst your burn limit.

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
Originally posted by e-coli

I think the new version of backup allows you to back the files up to CD without it counting agsinst your burn limit.

Oh .. sad day. Tell me it ain't so. I downloaded Backup 1.2.2 (or 1.2.1? I actually don't remember) when I heard my hard drive dying .. backed everything up on CDs .. (I had a ton .. 35 CDs I think? :eek: :mad: ) .. so you're saying that I have one less burn in my count? Hm .. now that I think about it .. it's not that big of a deal. :) Just as long as the backup worked and my baby comes back to me working and in one piece ..

I probably had 1.2.2 .. was it the one that also had the Safari Bookmark quick picks? I remember checking the little box that said Safari Bookmarks. Did 1.2.1 have that?

[Edit: oops, deleted a character and my smilies got messed up :( ]

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by e-coli

I don't understand how this would apply. The burn limit is when making audio CDs from iTunes. Backing up the datafile won't go against this limit.

Also, I think the limit was against burning identical playlists too many times.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by MacManDan
so you're saying that I have one less burn in my count?

I wouldn't worry about it.

The iTunes multiple cd-copy limit is that you are not allowed to burn a specific playlist more than some number of times (10?). If you want to burn the 11'th, you have to manually change the order of the songs. I think you can change them and probably change them back.

Next time you make a "mix" (playlist) - your count starts at 0.

It's only to prevent someone from sitting there and burning off 1000 copies.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.