Backup & Restore. Camera roll?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Krispy162, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Krispy162 macrumors regular

Krispy162

Earlier in the month I had to restore my phone because it was constantly freezing. Before doing so I did a complete backup to my mac.

After restoring, the iPhone asked if I wanted to restore from an old iPhone or create a new. I selected create new because I didn't want whatever was making it freeze to carry over.

Does the backup normally include the camera roll? I need to recover some pictures that were on my camera roll & the folders I created. These pictures weren't part of photostream, they were just on camera roll by itself.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Backup does include camera roll. Also, your Photo Stream is untouched regardless of the state you restore too (backed up or not).

3. Krispy162, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013

Krispy162 thread starter macrumors regular

Krispy162

So I restored from the last save and my camera roll still shows empty. I don't get it?? Where else could it be

4. Krispy162 thread starter macrumors regular

Krispy162

Does it matter if the backup was iPhone 5 and I'm using my old iPhone 4 to try and get those old pictures back? So far nothing is working...