Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RTD1964

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2022
Tonight a "senior support" person at Apple lied and set a call back after hours 9:45pm PST to get off the phone (They close at 9pm). Even after being questioned if this was after hours they claimed it was the next available time for a call back. I even received a conformation email from Apple and when the phone rang they informed me it was after hours (recording).

Unhappy Apple Customer

Attachments

• Apple Lie.jpg
    Apple Lie.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 367

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
How dare he is, earning money and pushing off the customers!
He should have been thrown in jail full of apples to think on his actions

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Just setup another call. Mention that you are upset by the last rep that was helping you. In most cases Apple does want unhappy customers. I have had a couple of bad calls.

Last edited:

bob_zz123

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2017
Bit dramatic. You don't know if it was an honest mistake by the advisor (which can happen especially if they are juggling multiple cases). It might be worth calling in and mentioning it and I'm sure they'll apologise. But what else are you expecting?!

BellSystem

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2022
Boston, MA
Upset with Apple, informs MacRumors. Ok.

Someone made a mistake and you are ready to have him kicked into a bottomless pit. Humans make mistakes. The bigger problem is that the system should not allow it so it’s the systems fault really. The dude probably is in India or Philippines working the overnight and barley knows his time zone. Give people a break. Your issue isn’t preventing a moon launch. The guy is genuinely trying to help, made an error and you are acting like he invaded Poland. I’m sure you have NEVER made a mistake.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
I have never found apple to have good customer service.
I think you only get good Apple customer service when you’re living in the U.S… Down south it’s definitely not very good, and the prices are higher for Apple products here than they are in the UK, and even the Aussies pay less than the people living in the country right south of the U.S. border…

Ram65

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Incorrect - It is the time the CSR scheduled the call back. Apple has no defense for this type of behavior!
Yeah but what are you really gonna do about it ? Go to Samsung ? Apple knows you ain’t going no where so just call back the next day and try again

Last edited by a moderator:

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
even the Aussies pay less than the people living in the country right south of the U.S. border…
Interesting, didn't know that.

Can’t complain about the customer service I get down here ??? always top notch.

Guess you’d expect great customer service, especially when you’re paying such high prices.

Even  accessories cost you a arm and a leg down here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbareren

omeletpants

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2005
I have never found apple to have good customer service.
Total nonsense. I have dealt with all the big IT companies in the world as a customer and vendor

Apple is the best service I have ever see in any industry

They answer the call within 2 minutes. Their technical people all speak English as a first language and they all live in America. When I call they NEVER ask if I have Apple Care, they help everyone. If you need second level care they get you there pronto

No company is better

Reactions: LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.