Bad News For AT&T Orders Placed After 4pm EST

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fouramphonecall, Oct 12, 2011.

1. fouramphonecall macrumors member

I odered a 64GB Black in a brick-and-mortar AT&T store at 4:30PM Central on the 7th. I had it shipped to me, however.

The AT&T rep told me that he "had" to tell me 14-21 days but that it should be here on the 14th.

Currently still on back order online.

Now the horror story for all those deadline orderers:

Called 611 just now and was told that since I ordered after 4pm Eastern time I am in the "second wave" of shipments which will not begin shipping for "at least 21 days".

Called the store in which I placed my order, hoping they could provide better news, but instead it got worse. The store rep I talked said "It will be at least 4 to 5 weeks before you get your phone". Even after pointing out that at the time of order I was quoted 14-21 days from last Friday, she maintained that 4 weeks was the "EARLIEST" I'd see my phone.

Those 90 minutes royaly ********* me apparently.

2. 2010RS macrumors 6502

I stopped reading after "The AT&T rep told me..."

3. fouramphonecall thread starter macrumors member

I agree that reps are frequently wrong, but this was two different reps in two completely different sectors of the company. And considering there's no one other than reps providing information, it's all there is to go on.

4. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

that really sucks for you if it is true.

i rarely trust the drone on the phone, though.

5. MacBootyDaddy macrumors newbie

I'm glad I switched over to Sprint. I ordered my phone Saturday evening and I'm still getting it by the 15th at the latest.

6. iamalejo macrumors newbie

Ordered mine around 9 EST on Friday and I have a shipping number. :rolleyes:

7. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

Not true. My white 16gb that i ordered saturday morning at 6am MST has a tracking number for delivery on friday.

8. rpungello macrumors member

Even if you bought it from Apple now the ship time is only listed as 1-2 weeks.
    I can't imagine a phone you preordered will take over a month to get to you.

9. fouramphonecall thread starter macrumors member

First of all, this is regarding orders placed after 4pm EST.

Furthermore, this may be because they have a larger stock of 16GB models.

10. Soot macrumors newbie

I ordered a 32 GB black AT&T iPhone at about 6:30 pm EST on Oct 7. Just received the "Shipment Notification" email about an hour ago confirming that it'll be here Oct 14 as expected (West Coast in the US).

Maybe it made a difference that I ordered through the Apple website rather than a brick-and-mortar store. Or that it was the 32 GB version vs. 64 GB.

11. fouramphonecall thread starter macrumors member

This is AT&T were are dealing with. You cannot underestimate the vast depths of their ineptitude.

----------

Ordering from the Apple website makes all the difference. Unfortunately I'm a Premier member and can only go through AT&T.

12. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

That applies to the CSR you spoke to today as much as anyone. All you can say with any reliability is that the phone hasn't arrived yet, anything else is pure speculation and guess. It would not shock me if you had it on Friday.

13. iamalejo macrumors newbie

Yeah but he ordered it on Saturday. Again, what you're saying isn't true.

14. fouramphonecall thread starter macrumors member

But did he order in-store? And once again, there are almost certainly supply differences between 16GB and 64GB, with the 16GB I'm sure being produced at much larger rates.

15. 2010RS macrumors 6502

Well there's absolutely no way that two reps could be wrong. All this misinformation is clearly coming from one single rep out of the 10000+ employed by AT&T.

16. rman726 macrumors 6502

if it's being produced at much higher rates, that means many more people would be ordering them at least Apple expects that to the case. Was Apple necessarily correct? no, but they were probably pretty damn accurate, at least accurate enough to not have the 64GB version sell out 16 hours earlier than the 16GB.

Remember: Apple has the real sales data for all iterations of the iPhone, and how many 8GB or 16GB or 32GB sold in comparison to the other options. They might not necessary know how popular the 64GB is, but they probably had a decent guess based off past history.

17. iManny macrumors newbie

Im a Premier member as well but got to order through Apple, but hope all works out!

18. fouramphonecall thread starter macrumors member

Really? How did you order from them? Everytime I've tried they tell me I need to go through AT&T.

19. iManny macrumors newbie

To be honest, I dont know. I just went through the steps. My only issue was after the phone shipped, I got a email saying there was a problem activating it because it was my 6th line but i called apple and got it taken care of! Best of luck to you though!

20. jpw16 macrumors member

jpw16

Well last time i checked Saturday morning at 6am is after 4pm EST on friday!
    I ordered over the phone thru att

21. bfired macrumors newbie

I ordered a Sprint black 16GB from Apple at noon Saturday and have yet to any shipping information...still "processing." In fact, my order status is "Ships: 1 - 2 Weeks, Delivers Oct 24 - Oct 31 via Standard Shipping"...any chance it will still arrive by the 15th?

22. MacBootyDaddy macrumors newbie

I actually ordered a 32GB because the 16GB pre-orders sold out. That might be why your wait time is different.

23. bfired macrumors newbie

Aah that makes sense. Crossing my fingers that it won't quite take til the 31st to have it in my hands...

24. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Hahahaha, exactly.

25. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559