Bad reception since updating this weekend

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by greytmom, Mar 25, 2013.

1. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Has anyone else had this problem? I am getting terrible reception (or no reception at all in my office today. Last week, it was not great, but it was working.

Also, my 5 is quite warm - I assume from constantly trying to find a signal. I've restarted the phone, no help there. Any other ideas?

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Have you ever had good service at your office?

If it's always been 'not great,' it wouldn't take much for it to drop completely... each having nothing to do with your phone.

There have been no changes with my reception (4S).

3. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

Let's put it this way. I didn't have 5 bars before, maybe 3. But I always had reliable 4G service, sometimes spiking up to LTE briefly.

Today, I'm lucky to have one bar and E for more than a few seconds.

4. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Give it a few days. I know where I am mine may be 5 bars some days and 3 on others. Or lower during the day and high at night. It will change with the weather. The update has not made my 4s any different so far either.

5. maxosx macrumors 68020

After the update I have ten bars.

I really don't know how, but there they are :)

(I've never been good at math... ha..ha...ha..)

6. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Try doing a hard reset,hold lock button and home button till your phone goes to Apple logo

7. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

+1 what Bahroo said above

8. gmikesell macrumors regular

I was in the same boat as you until just a minute ago. I reset my home network, including my AT&T microcell. No luck. Low signal, especially my wifi. I had tried resetting my phone5 2 or 3 times. Still no luck. Even posted a quick testimonial about it in another thread. Then it occurred to me to check my app drawer. I found a bunch of apps in there so I cleared everything out and tried another iphone reset and now I'm getting the full wifi/cell bars I'm accustomed to. Since this seems to have just cleared up for me jury is still out regarding battery life but I bet this is resolved as well since the radio signal receivers seem to be getting a much better signal reception now. Fingers crossed. Been dealing with this issue since the last day or two.