Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Too bad the guy missed. Definitely not as good as the one where Gates got smacked with a pie.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
What does the guy say before he throws the eggs?
And what was written on the back of his shirt?

I think he looked a bit disappointed that he didn't get a get better (from his point of view) response from the crowd! Fool.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Thats lack of respect. For the one who asked, "Microsoft=Corruption" is what its written on the back of his shirt.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
What does the guy say before he throws the eggs?
And what was written on the back of his shirt?

He said something like, "Microsoft has stolen millions of dollars from ... How about giving that money back?" ? And the shirt said something like Microsoft = Corruption, I think?

Strange....security was very laid-back, considering someone stood up and started throwing something at Ballmer. What if it had not been just eggs? :eek:

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
At much as it made me laugh (I personally don't think Balmer is fit to run MS) it's kind of childish, the only reason I watched the video was to see Balmer being egged, not to hear about the guys "cause".

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
I agree with whoever a few posts ago said nobody deserves to be treated like that. As funny as this is, I think it's a bit wrong. Funny shirt, though. My favourite part is the guy right next to him who isn't with him, but picks up his Macbook to move for the guy :p

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
That's totally lame and inappropriate. How about asking a substantial question, or raising a point related to your problems with Microsoft. He was given the chance, after all.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Completely childish; there truly is no excuse for such behavior.

And I must give Ballmer some credit, he handled the situation rather diplomatically. ...I'm surprised he didn't throw a chair. ;)

And I've never seen such a lackadaisical crowd before, let alone the security.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Ballmer Pelted With Eggs

BBC News said:
Steve Ballmer, the CEO of Microsoft, was heckled and had eggs thrown at him during a lecture to university students at the Corvinus University in Budapest.

linky

Come on then, own up... ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I saw this on TV this morning, it was pretty funny to watch, especially Balmer cowering behind his podium. What I found even more amusing was the fact that no one did anything to stop the guy (including security) and there was no real outrage. Apparently others thought this behavior was justified as well! ;) :D

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Actually, the need to grow up occurred to me. As much as I dislike Microsoft's business practices, I believe more in the rule of law. Throwing an egg at someone constitutes assault. I hope the university expels the student and files criminal charges.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I have to agree with you, however it shows something for his character that he didn't throw pipe bombs or bullets. The fact is, it was funny to watch Ballmer hiding behind the stage, but the man acted wrongfully - I detest M$ but all those people voluntarily attended the event to watch the evil empire give a speech.

Ballmer should count himself lucky - Bill Gates actually got creamed by a pie that one time..

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Actually, the need to grow up occurred to me. As much as I dislike Microsoft's business practices, I believe more in the rule of law. Throwing an egg at someone constitutes assault. I hope the university expels the student and files criminal charges.
What would the charge be, scrambled.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I've never actually heard Steve Ballmer talk b4. WOW - He has an annoying voice. I'd hate to listen to a presentation by him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.