Bamboo iPhone 4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Devan, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Devan macrumors newbie

These look pretty cool. Pretty expensive, but pretty cool.

Anybody got one of these for their 3gs? or planning on getting one for the 4?

http://www.grovemade.com/

2. dlandmacfan macrumors newbie

These cases are sick I want one. Thanks for the post.

3. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

all the cool kids get the ones made from hemp

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

$50 for bamboo is as insane as $30 for a rubber bumper. Bamboo is like a weed. It's not even real wood -- it's a grass.

5. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

It's actually incredibly strong when it's turned into an engineered wood. Because of its stringy nature, when it is glued and compressed on cross grains, it fuses together. Also because it grows super fast (you can hear it growing!) it's a good eco-friendly material for many uses. (I used to sell it, can you tell?)

I, however, am waiting for a case made from the finest ivory, or the skull of an incredibly endangered and cute animal. :cool:

Those cases look a bit over the top to me though; but I could see the appeal for say the faux-spiritual weekend-buddhist hollywood contingent or whatever. :D

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

This is cracking me up.

7. advan031 macrumors 6502

This would go well with my dodocase lol but man another long wait...thanks for the heads up.

8. cooljoe349 macrumors regular

cooljoe349

9. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

has anyone used the 3g one? hows the drop protection?

10. herdinoh macrumors regular

i am wondering how much protection it can add to the phone since it is not soft at all.

11. owmygulay macrumors member

They say under the FAQ that it doesn't offer any drop protection. It will break.

12. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Be curious to see how people like them in person.

They just stick out a bit too much for me -- visually as well as philosophically. It's like an attempt to assuage your sweatshop / child labor produced expenso-toy by euphemistically cloaking it in a statement that says "I care deeply about indigenous foliage" or "Sustainability is crucial for me, but most importantly, it's fashionable."

I'm kidding of course :p -- I look forward to seeing people's reactions!

Meanwhile, I'll still be holding out for the cases woven from the sheared hair and terrified breath of the under privileged laborers who build them :D Estranged Labor springs to mind!

13. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I think it looks different. :) I pre-ordered one.

I have a black bumper right now, & I love it! I'm still waiting on my green bumper, wrapsol ultra, & some freebie I ordered from Boxwave. So excited!

14. Geez1234 macrumors newbie

I reordered one... I also have a wrapsol on the way, hoping that cases will fit over it, but I'm assuming they might not.

15. RR1818 macrumors member

I like the look of these, very unique. I kind of want one as a case I can switch to.

16. PezRadar macrumors regular

I ordered one. Got a great idea for custom art. :)

17. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

going to order one of those. w/ tree heart design of that bird one. w/ wrapsol hopefully on it (if it fits going to research more before i get wrapsol)

18. milk242 macrumors 6502a

According to Grovemade, the case does not support screen protectors since they are working with such tight tolerances.

19. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

yeah.. damn them then :(

20. dlstrings macrumors newbie

There's still hope! According to them on their facebook page: There have been many posts on this fanpage about screen protectors. I suspect most cases won't allow for a screen protector... I will make a tiny little gap underneath the metal for you guys.... but I can't guarantee it wont interfere with anyone and everyone's brand protector. Will do my best to accommodate -Ken

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=179569&id=218327051148

21. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

cool cool. i just emailed them too, this is what they said: