Band fit?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by madkoda, Feb 6, 2018.

1. madkoda macrumors newbie

madkoda

Hey there guys, i'm not sure if maybe this question has been asked before. I just got a brand new Apple watch Stainless Steel 42mm with the black sport band.

I've noticed that the band wiggles a bit, at the connection points of the bands to the watch, when not on my wrist or when extended regularly. But when I am wearing the watch the band doesn't wiggle. Is this normal or should I go for an exchange on my watch?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

There should be some play with the band inside the port that will allow some wiggle from side to side, which is normal. The reason you don't have any wiggle when it's on your wrist, is because it's tighter based on how tight you have the band, which shouldn't have much play.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

The sport bands seem to have some play. I notice when removing them they were slightly loose. I think it is normal.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I have the same setup. It should not wiggle. Mine at least doesn't mind you.

5. madkoda thread starter macrumors newbie

madkoda

I had a series 2 and I remember that one wiggling a bit also when not on my wrist. I was just never sure if that as normal or something I had to change. Now even less sure. With one person saying it’s normal and another saying it’s not normal.

6. Hooterville macrumors 68000

Hooterville

I have the SBSS Series 3 with cellular and my stock black band that came with the watch does the same thing. You can feel movement in the band at the connection points when the watch is off of the wrist.

Also have several other genuine Apple bands and most ate tight with no movement at all on the same watch.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

On my Fog watch with the sports band - one side wiggles the other doesn't - but it doesn't move much when its on my wrist so I never notice it. My Nomad band with stainless steel lugs moves a LOT even when on my wrist. The Nike band I bought (Apple) - one side is a bit more loose than the other. Doesn't bother me tho.

8. madkoda thread starter macrumors newbie

madkoda

I got new bands today, two sports bands and one sport loop. I haven’t tried the sports bands as of yet but with the sport loop band there is no wiggle at all, whether the watch is on my wrist or not.

9. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's nothing to be concerned with. Every band might have a slightly different tolerance based on the design. I have 25 different bands (Both OEM & Third party)and they all vary slightly with Side to side play.

10. praterkeith macrumors 6502

praterkeith

I didn’t notice any wiggle on my S1, but when I got my S3, I noticed some play, so I took it into the Apple store and was told that it varies from band to band. I found this to be true with the more bands I bought. Now that I got a S4, it’s pretty much the same. No reason to worry as long as there’s a distinct “click” when you insert the band.

11. madkoda thread starter macrumors newbie

madkoda

I've noticed that it seems to happen on the band that comes attached to the watch itself the most, and then if a band isn't attached on both sides it wil lwiggle a bit also.

But I think this may be why they started to ship the watches without the bands attached.