Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
My 12:11 email 128 Plus Gold already says preparing for shipment!

My debit card was already charged.

Is it just me? Or did it happen a lot faster this year than usual.

I wonder when its gonna say shipped!!!!

I am calling it NOW Early Delivery Gate. People will get early deliveries.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
You may well be right, being in the UK it'd be something new for me. I never had any Apple preorders come straight from China. They usually come from a central UPS hub. I hope this won't mean that it doesn't come with UPS...

Oh Ok... so coming straight from China is a good thing?

Don't think it makes a difference. It's easier to track if you're bored/excited
But it leaves the risk of longer journey nearer to due date = potential delay. But I'm sure they've got it under control

Heres something to keep yall entertain . there was an whole theard on how to track your iphones from china and so on in sticky, im not seeing it. but i had saved this.

http://flightaware.com/live/iphone

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Literally, what else am I gonna do from now until the 16th to pass the time. Reverse engineering shipping trajectories via forum comments/data is all there is to do for the next few days. Can't really focus on anything else till next week anyway.
You're doing exactly what will be killing you for waiting... Just ignore it and next Friday will come lol.

Me1987

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Somerset, UK
Yay!

I used Apple Pay it looks like it makes a difference.
I have yet to use Apple Pay online, only really use it on the watch, and didn't want to chance it on a pre-order.
So don't think payment method makes a lot of a difference, as I used a credit card...

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I have yet to use Apple Pay online, only really use it on the watch, and didn't want to chance it on a pre-order.
So don't think payment method makes a lot of a difference, as I used a credit card...
I used it through the app, have yet to use it online too.

Reactions: Me1987

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
My god, relax. A month or two from now, it will just be your regular old phone. Go outside or do something productive rather than track every incremental update.

Reactions: TechnicallyTee

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
preparing for shipment too!

it's happening!
32gb 7 Silver Sprint 0rdered from Apple

I got the reserved page/email :)

jackwills

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
New York, NY
I was just charged. Just got a notification from Apple Pay.
nothing has changed :( guessing something is wrong with my order
[doublepost=1473452707][/doublepost]
My god, relax. A month or two from now, it will just be your regular old phone. Go outside or do something productive rather than track every incremental update.
Lol this kind of behaviors are part of the package. sad but true

Nde

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Justs a heads up, every year, there are a hand full of lucky customer that gets their new iPhone a day or two before the official release date. The OP could be the chosen one ;-)

blue rocket

Suspended
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
Boom!

9945fe7d38c3696a18616d56a3468ed2.jpg

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Justs a heads up, every year, there are a hand full of lucky customer that gets their new iPhone a day or two before the official release date. The OP could be the chosen one ;-)

True story about my pre order:

At 12:02 I had three devices all trying to connect; My Mac(WiFi), iPad(WiFi), and iPhone(LTE not WiFi).

The iPad on Wifi was not connecting to the Apple App Store, neither was the Mac browser. I had started refreshing both since like 11:59.

Now after a couple min like at 12:02 they weren't connecting, so i tried to desperately use my iPhone on LTE.

This part is key: I hadn't opened my iPhone Apple Store App since I had ordered something else a few days ago and it had already been in my checkout bag. So for some reason, when I opened it for the first time in a few days, it was already connected to the store and the bottom menu. I was able to push buttons, and I was able to touch the "pre-order" link button instead of being on the "we have something in store for you" screen. I put everything in my cart and I went to go push the Apple Pay button. But at that point at like 12:03, the button froze. I got kicked out and the store went down on all three devices again.

At this point I came on here and saw a bunch of people saying the store is down. After another eight minutes I finally got in to the store on my iPad and saw it the phone from earlier in my cart and the Apple Pay button finally worked. My email said 12:11.

But secretly... I think I got into some backdoor cache to the app so I was like in a parallel universe for the first 2 min where I got in but it wasn't normal to get in. Minutes AFTER that, the very first few people started posting that they completed orders.

So perhaps the batch I initially reserved in that ghost zone in the store is probably what kept my place in line.

So even though I finished around 12:10, I think I got in line at like 12:03 by saving it to my cart and got locked into a super early batch. At a moment when a majority of people weren't even able to connect yet if they were mass refreshing.

Around the time when I got in on LTE with the cached app, I couldn't get in with anything else so I know it was lucky how I got in like that so early.

So my card actually got charged sometime early in the morning/middle of the night, faster than anyone I've seen mention. Whilst I noticed some other specific people who had their order placed before me and didn't get a card charged till later than me. This leads me to believe I am one of the earliest batches in line.

9/15 delivery here I come!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.