Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Im more curious how many peoples card was already charged.

That was what surprised me because other years it happened like half a week later.

Probably because I used Apple Pay
[doublepost=1473445963][/doublepost]

Did you guys use apple pay or regular debit/credit transaction?

It happened later because there was a 2 week window between preorders and launch date.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
Both of our orders got charged today and are preparing for shipment. (Matte Black and Rose Gold 7 Plus in 128GB.) I don't think I've seen a pre-order move this quickly in recent my recent memory. (Previously pre-ordered the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and Apple Watch OG.)

EDIT: We didn't use Apple Pay, only a regular credit card transaction.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Used Apple Pay originally to order then yesterday it said there was a problem with the payment. I used the same card without Apple Pay and it went though fine and my status changed to preparing to ship. I have not been charged yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me1987

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Somerset, UK
screen shot it lad :)

IMG_2546.JPG

Not sure this is working, I'm useless at the screenshot game.

Reactions: BillGates1969

sportsfrk214

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
You can basically copy and paste this same thread every single year. Everyone will get their phone on the 16th regardless of when its preparing to ship, or processing, or in transit, etc. Every year someone gets their phone early by accident but it won't be you :) Enjoy life and it'll come when it comes

Reactions: Shanghaichica

Me1987

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Somerset, UK
You can basically copy and paste this same thread every single year. Everyone will get their phone on the 16th regardless of when its preparing to ship, or processing, or in transit, etc. Every year someone gets their phone early but it won't be you :) Enjoy life and it'll come when it comes
But surely this is part of the fun of the pre-order game.
I only play it every other year and it's a great waste of time when not much else is happening!

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
mine says delivers Sept 16 by standard shipping but its still processing and not charged!!!
wtfffffff :(
7 Rose Gold 128gb
Same here, last year I was charged the same min I placed the order because Chase canceled it thinking someone stole my card and I had to re order. Still it was pending on card within min and I got it on release day. My order didn't go through until 12:40 and delivery date of 9/26. If by Wednesday I don't see no activity I'm just gonna go to a store and pick one up.

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
Hopefully I get a notification it's at my local fedex hub a day or two in advance as I'd like to pick it up as early as possible on Friday. Sometimes it doesn't show its arrived there early enough and the next notification already has it on the truck, and my fedex comes 4-6pm and by chance it's earlier I can't be held hostage waiting to sign for it.

KittyToy

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2007
Davenport
You can basically copy and paste this same thread every single year. Everyone will get their phone on the 16th regardless of when its preparing to ship, or processing, or in transit, etc. Every year someone gets their phone early by accident but it won't be you :) Enjoy life and it'll come when it comes

That's a lie cause everyone doesn't get theirs on release day lol, plenty were still waiting weeks after the phone was release.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
https://supportprofile.apple.com/

just log in and it should list all your apple products tied to your account. if you buy iPhone from apple.com, then it you would see it there attach automatically

I have been buying iphones every year from Apple. And they never show up on my profile (while being shipped). It of course shows up once i activated the phone. But not before. I cannot for the life of me figure how for some of you it shows up on the support page. And for some of us it doesn't.

Reactions: Me1987

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I have been buying iphones every year from Apple. And they never show up on my profile (while being shipped). It of course shows up once i activated the phone. But not before. I cannot for the life of me figure how for some of you it shows up on the support page. And for some of us it doesn't.

my guess is that those phones are already here in the states?

this is my first time during a preorder period having my iPhone show up so early in my support profile as well...

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
my guess is that those phones are already here in the states?

this is my first time during a preorder period having my iPhone show up so early in my support profile as well...

Maybe. I always buy my stuff through Apple. And when others see their iphones in their support profile, i don't so i dunno lol! But it always shows up on my doorstep, which is all that counts.

dsampley

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
ANd my iphone 7 just showed up under my support profile! I also checked UPS and cannot see any tracking yes using my mobile number and order number less the W.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.